*** Official Xavier vs IOWA STATE Game(Day) Thread ***

• After Iowa State won the Big 12, a Cyclone made a wonderful offer to We Will that now increases our match. Now all gifts up to $400,000 between now and the Final 4 will be matched. Please consider giving at We Will Collective.
    This notice can be dismissed using the upper right corner X button.

usedcarguy

Apr 12, 2008
Ames
It’s crazy how fun this team is to watch. I said it jokingly our first game but I honestly did forget just how enjoyable ISU basketball can be. And it’s not just about them winning, it’s our style of play. These guys just bust their ass and are tough as nails.

I agree. The offense early on looked clunky much of the time, but the effort was there. They're starting to click on both ends of the floor. LOVE our style of play.

Reactions: baagoe

cyatheart

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 18, 2008
that was great, so good to see Iowa state basketball players having fun again

one thing is very apparent, we were in a lot better physical shape than Xavier, Prohm never had anyone in shape, these guys can run all day…it is really really hard to play that hard for that long this early in the year

we are one additional big guy from being a tournament team, and that’s not a slap on our bigs, we just don’t have enough

damn that felt good

cyrocksmypants

Dec 29, 2008
Washington DC
Has there been a time when both have been good? Seems for a long time we've had the programs swapping which one is peaking. Neither has been good or bad at the same time. But I'm sure I'm missing a few years.
Define “good.”
I think 2005 we were an OT snap away from the Big 12 championship and got to the second round of the tourney.

2011 and 2012 we went to bowl games and the second round of the tourney.

2000 was our elite 8 season and I think the year with Sage where we won 8 or 9 games?