***Official Texas Tech Post-Game Thread***

Dingus

May 23, 2013
It was great to see Naz Long breakout for four threes and 14 total points. However, the team shot 31 percent for the game, which is exactly at our league-worst average. One thing we haven't seen from this year's team that we've seen the past two years is a game where the team is on fire from behind the arc, like the game at Oklahoma in 2012 and the game in Hilton against Kansas in 2013, when we set the school record for most made threes.

True, but one thing I was thinking was that I don't think we took a single bad 3-pt shot today, which was really nice to see. Great shot selection from outside.

mitten1975

Oct 27, 2012
I am worried about Texas but not because of how we played today, really just because I always worry. I also don't care for Texas, and the way the game was called down there. I thought the problems today occurred mostly because of foul trouble, and also I think Hoiberg needs to use Edozie and Gibson more. Again, I don't know what happens in practice, I can only go by what I see in games. Therefore, I realized that I am ignorant of much.

Wesley

Apr 12, 2006
Omaha
This season has been a roller coaster ride. I thought Kane reinjured his foot tonight for awhile. Hoping Edozie gets a little more enthusiasm when he comes in. Hogue was almost lost tonight.

Cyclonepride

Thought Police
Staff member
Apr 11, 2006
A pineapple under the sea
www.oldschoolradical.com
Didn't they beat Oklahoma at Oklahoma? That is something we couldn't do. Any win is a good thing, they have 5 wins in a tough conference.

Excellent point. TT is definitely playing better than they were when we first played them, on both ends of the floor. I thought our defense was much better, but the foul trouble really left us out of sorts for the come back stretch.

temperflare

Jul 9, 2007
Bondurant
That's funny. Kansas State lost at West Virginia by double digits and came home and blew out Texas by 30 in their next game.

That means squat.

We don't match up very well against Texas. Add in our 3 pt % and our
penchant for missing easy layups and how we got absolutely manhandled on the boards the last time we played... I'm not buying stock in this game.

Honestly, if they bring their A game and we being ours, I think theirs is better based on match-ups and second chance points off offensive boards.

I'd love to see us win. It is at home. If Texas has an off game we should be in it. Let's hope they have an off game and we are firing in all cylinders and maybe we will win by 10 pts.

State43

Nov 22, 2010
Omaha, NE
I am not that worried about the Texas game. ISU almost beat them on the road where ISU was at a disadvantage. ISu just has to find a way to slow down Holmes and put Monte on their PG. this will slow them down a bit, and with Ridley down low, we have to play Gibson/Edozie to limit fouls on Ejim and Niang. I think Hogue guards Holmes most of the game.
People worry about not matching up wih them but the same goes for them matching us. Ridley will have huge issues with Niang and Ejim. I also think Kane has to show up big in the lane. Put them in foul trouble early to force them to be less aggressive.

hoosman

Sep 4, 2006
Davenport
True, but one thing I was thinking was that I don't think we took a single bad 3-pt shot today, which was really nice to see. Great shot selection from outside.
Thomas and Kane passed up wide open 3s . Maybe they are looking for layups first? If Texas has shot blockers in the paint, we might need those 3s. Our effort level was outstanding yesterday - guys were diving everywhere.

Rural

Feb 3, 2010
That means squat.

We don't match up very well against Texas. Add in our 3 pt % and our
penchant for missing easy layups and how we got absolutely manhandled on the boards the last time we played... I'm not buying stock in this game.

Honestly, if they bring their A game and we being ours, I think theirs is better based on match-ups and second chance points off offensive boards.

I'd love to see us win. It is at home. If Texas has an off game we should be in it. Let's hope they have an off game and we are firing in all cylinders and maybe we will win by 10 pts.

They waded right through us down there.

Hopefully home court helps stop that a little.

KidSilverhair

Dec 18, 2010
Rapids of the Cedar
www.kegofglory.blogspot.com
Since this thread is still alive, can I just call out the parking situation?

Okay, ISU sent out a press release on Friday saying there were several events at the Iowa State Center on Saturday, and public parking in the Hilton lots would be very limited. The release encouraged people to show up early, and to use the Trice lots and hike it to Hilton. Okay, not unreasonable ...

My intention was to get there fairly early, but given the crappy weather conditions Saturday morning (and seeing several cars end up in the ditch on I-35 on the way up) I didn't get there quite as early as anticipated. Okay, that happens. I figured I would try the A and B lots anyway, and if that didn't work, I would go elsewhere.

So I turn off University onto 4th Street to check out the A and B lots. They were pretty full, yes ... but several spots were visible from 4th Street. Plus the entire southwest lot was almost completely empty.

So why did the parking yokels refuse to let me turn into the lots and find a place to park? I had my signal on, intending to turn into the lots, but Mr. Green Jacket stood his ground and waved me on past. Onward to Beach, he insisted. WHY????

I ended up parking in G6 (is that the lot by the sand volleyball courts? That's where I parked) ... which, except for the hike up the hill in the freakin' snow, turned out not to be too bad. I got out of there and back on the streets waaaay faster than most people in the Hilton lots, anyway. BUT .. as my wife and I walked our way out of that lot and back into the Hilton lots to make our way to the game, what did we see? Cars turning off 4th Street into the A and B lots.

I know parking is a hassle regardless, and it's easy to complain. But for Pete's sake, what was the deal with the parking Nazis refusing to allow people to park in the public lots, when there was plenty of space available? What's up with that?

(I just want to add I had a wonderful time at the game. It was my first live Cyclone basketball experience, it was lots of fun, even watching an 18-point lead dribble away, but pulling it out at the end made it worthwhile.)

VeloClone

Jan 19, 2010
Brooklyn Park, MN
I wasn't on the parking crew in my time at ISC but I did help them out from time to time. Working parking sucks especially when the weather is bad. No one is happy with you and you often have to take a raft of **** simply for doing your job. Also each worker has to take direction from above so if a decision is made to open a restricted lot for public parking it can't happen until the direction comes from above - no matter what the situation may look like in that lot.

So please give the people working parking a break, they are just doing their jobs and they have probably already taken a lot of **** from others before you got there.

RedRaiderMark

Oct 11, 2012
Marion, Iowa
Great game guys. You guys have a true thespian with that late flop.

Seriously though, ISU is going to be a tough matchup for almost everyone in March. I'm rooting for y'all.

mt85

Mar 24, 2006

Seriously though, ISU is going to be a tough matchup for almost everyone in March. I'm rooting for y'all.

You must be talking about your players throwing themselves to the floor late in the game whenever we entered the ball into the post.

Cyclonepride

Thought Police
Staff member
Apr 11, 2006
A pineapple under the sea
www.oldschoolradical.com

You must be talking about your players throwing themselves to the floor late in the game whenever we entered the ball into the post.

Well, there is that. Tubby has TT playing very well and you should be excited about the upside of that team going forward.

Cyclonefan710

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Oct 19, 2012

I there's a difference between flopping and selling a foul. Ejim got a legit extended forearm to the chest and sold it really well. The two plays where Tech players fell due to simple shoulder turn post move are what I call flops.

RedRaiderMark

Oct 11, 2012
Marion, Iowa
Well, there is that. Tubby has TT playing very well and you should be excited about the upside of that team going forward.

Oh, I'm pretty shocked we are doing as well as we are. Our biggest issue going forward will be replacing Crockett.

Sorry, my sarcasm didn't come across well. I wasn't sure how to post this guy :wink: from my phone.