*** Official LIBERTY BOWL IOWA STATE Vs Memphis Gameday Thread ***

zmanzbo

Apr 11, 2006
not sure if I've seen this picture posted on CF yet.

DSVrqhWVwAA58td.jpg:large

The Flyover was awesome. We weren't sure, at first, if it was just a plane taking off or landing, but damn.

Awesome!

CyCloned

Oct 18, 2006
Robins, Iowa
I only read the last page of this, but the people who posted there seem like reasonable fans. Talk about ****** officiating on both sides and one guy actually said the Memphis guy who sold the holding call was probably a non call.

Miller for Memphis looked like the Marcus Smart of FB out there. On the play where he was fumbling the ball and Pevy hit him he laid on the ground for 5 minutes hoping to get the call, when it was clear he wouldn't he popped up and went to the sideline. Same with the holding call, it was that typical hand fighting stuff that never gets called and then he falls down and pretends his arm got injured. Unfortunately it was the one that didn't even get touched.

In the end I would say that ISU was very fortunate to get the win. Couple passes that should have been ints, dropped snap on punt, down to 3rd string DBs, several amazing catches by #5, etc. OL was getting dominated the whole game. Got to give a ton of credit to the defense the entire season after the Iowa game, they played lights out against some very good offenses.

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron