*** Official LIBERTY BOWL IOWA STATE Vs Memphis Gameday Thread ***

Cloneon

Oct 29, 2015
West Virginia
Just watched that fumble again. That was 110% a TD. How did they not overturn that?
Agreed. If it's as they say (ie time splice different views together), it was a no-brainer touchdown. The ball was poked out, well after the ball crossed the goal line. The 'entire' ball; not just the point of it. Heck even his elbow was across the goal line BEHIND the ball. Also, on their ensuing first 4th down play, Peavy was correct. Their receiver juggled the ball with one foot on the ground out of bounds.

It's just mind boggling to me sometimes.

Spanky

Oct 14, 2009
The Tiger faithful are claiming the INT called back for roughing the passer cost them the game. Wasnt Memphis called for holding that play as well? We declined the hold, so the roughing the QB call didnt make a differemce or cost them the game, we would of kept the ball regardless.

• Agree
Reactions: BWRhasnoAC

Pitt_Clone

Nov 15, 2007
Pittsburgh, PA
The Tiger faithful are claiming the INT called back for roughing the passer cost them the game. Wasnt Memphis called for holding that play as well? We declined the hold, so the roughing the QB call didnt make a differemce or cost them the game, we would of kept the ball regardless.
I thought the other penalty they called on them was for something that occurred after the interception? In that case Memphis still would have had the ball.

CTTB78

Apr 7, 2006
The Tiger faithful are claiming the INT called back for roughing the passer cost them the game.....

Reading the Memphis Commercial newspaper this morning, they are putting a lot of emphasis on the roughing call (I agree it was iffy, at best). Even quoted Flubberville that there has to more to make that call. But what is interesting is that all the Commercial has to say about the DM "fumble" is that it was called, and reviewed. No quote this time from Flubberville- "That's a touchdown".

Cyclonepride

Thought Police
Staff member
Apr 11, 2006
A pineapple under the sea
www.oldschoolradical.com
Agreed. If it's as they say (ie time splice different views together), it was a no-brainer touchdown. The ball was poked out, well after the ball crossed the goal line. The 'entire' ball; not just the point of it. Heck even his elbow was across the goal line BEHIND the ball. Also, on their ensuing first 4th down play, Peavy was correct. Their receiver juggled the ball with one foot on the ground out of bounds.

It's just mind boggling to me sometimes.

There were 3 or 4 plays that absolutely should have been reviewed and weren't too. Starting the game with Memphis clearly offsides by a foot and no flag should have told something about the competence of this crew. Even overturning the INT by Memphis was bad. The guy caught it, secured it, hit the ground, rolled and then lost it. Bad call even if it benefited us. Replay crews are a joke too. The main goal seems to be to rubber stamp what was called on the field, rather than to get it right.

• Disagree
Reactions: jkclone

TOFB4ISU

Nov 6, 2010
The QC
Reading the Memphis Commercial newspaper this morning, they are putting a lot of emphasis on the roughing call (I agree it was iffy, at best). Even quoted Flubberville that there has to more to make that call. But what is interesting is that all the Commercial has to say about the DM "fumble" is that it was called, and reviewed. No quote this time from Flubberville- "That's a touchdown".
Pretty whiny on their paper this AM.

• Agree
Reactions: CTTB78

jkclone

Bookie
Jan 21, 2013
Urbandale
There were 3 or 4 plays that absolutely should have been reviewed and weren't too. Starting the game with Memphis clearly offsides by a foot and no flag should have told something about the competence of this crew. Even overturning the INT by Memphis was bad. The guy caught it, secured it, hit the ground, rolled and then lost it. Bad call even if it benefited us. Replay crews are a joke too. The main goal seems to be to rubber stamp what was called on the field, rather than to get it right.
At first I was pissed and thought it was an interception but that was clearly incomplete. He never secured it. If he actually secured it then dropped it at that point yeah it would have been an interception. I’m also not sure why some think the roughing the passer was wrong. That was an easy call. Pretty late and he went fairly high and took him down.

The one I don’t think we got screwed on is the defensive holding at the very end. It was a flop and all but we did grab him some.

madguy30

Nov 15, 2011
At first I was pissed and thought it was an interception but that was clearly incomplete. He never secured it. If he actually secured it then dropped it at that point yeah it would have been an interception. I’m also not sure why some think the roughing the passer was wrong. That was an easy call. Pretty late and he went fairly high and took him down.

The one I don’t think we got screwed on is the defensive holding at the very end. It was a flop and all but we did grab him some.

He grabbed the UM receiver's arm so technically it was the right call. Problem is much worse gets let go all the time.

After the DM call I just knew a PI or something would put UM in position for a deep drive.

jkclone

Bookie
Jan 21, 2013
Urbandale
He grabbed the UM receiver's arm so technically it was the right call. Problem is much worse gets let go all the time.

After the DM call I just knew a PI or something would put UM in position for a deep drive.
Oh I agree but I wouldn’t point to that as a bad call. I had to stop watching after the “fumble”. 3 out of the last 4 games clearly being affected by officiating was to much.

Mr Janny

Welcome to the Office of Secret Intelligence
Staff member
Bookie
SuperFanatic
Mar 27, 2006
not sure if I've seen this picture posted on CF yet.

DSVrqhWVwAA58td.jpg:large

The Flyover was awesome. We weren't sure, at first, if it was just a plane taking off or landing, but damn.

atlantacyclone

Sep 29, 2007
Fontvieille Monaco
Well, they were called for holding on the return. It doesn’t change the fact that there was a late hit. There were several plays including a fumble and a trap on a catch hat went unnoticed by the refs...

Mr Janny

Welcome to the Office of Secret Intelligence
Staff member
Bookie
SuperFanatic
Mar 27, 2006
They did a flyover with a FedEx plane?
yeah, FedEx sponsored it. It was pretty cool. You don't see those big planes get that low and bank that hard very often. It was a neat take on a flyover.

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron