***Official*** ISU MBB Meltdown thread...

Hayes30

Jun 20, 2011
I'm taking some time from the Internet for awhile because after a loss the hot fans on Facebook and some of the stuff on here kinda **** me off. See you all Monday.

3TrueFans

Just a Happily Married Man
Sep 10, 2009
Ames
No reason to be down about the loss, everyone has to lose sometime, 14-0 is a huge accomplishment. Winning on the road in the Big12 is going to be a challenge every time. The only thing to be worried about is the extent of Kane's injury.

clonedude

Apr 16, 2006
Our season is hanging on this injury

Yep. The loss is the least of our worries. I don't care about that.

Losing Kane would be meltdown time. And we are Iowa State, so I'm fearing the worst. Get ready for the big kick to the groin. He's probably out for the season.

Dryburn

Apr 3, 2006
Somewhere in the U.S.
I see no need for this thread at all. Everyone knew this was a possible trap game. If you didn't think that was a possibility, you are just naive and don't follow college basketball much.

One loss is no big deal. Big deals now are Kane's recovery, how the team reacts immediately to this loss, and possibly how the team reacts to losing Kane for some games.

No meltdown. Disappointed in how the team played in some spurts today though. They were not very consistent, and had no perimeter defense at all.

BallSoHard4Cy

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 20, 2012
Ames
Ankle injuries aren't gonna keep you out for two months. He might play Monday or he might play two weeks from now.

Prone2Clone

Oct 20, 2006
Fizer/Tinsley Big 12 regular season and Big 12 tourney champs lost at OU. And CU. Not to mention the opening game loss to Drake.

ISU_Clone_28

Mar 27, 2006
Fort Dodge, IA
Can we just merge this thread with the more aptly titled "post game" thread? Having to see this title is embarassing.

Because typically whenever something "negative" happens within the ISU program the forum gets taken over with negativity and "the sky is falling" menality... Does this thread promote negativity? I guess you could look at it that way... again... in case you didn't catch it in the original post. The purpose of it is so if your going to ***** and rant about things then keep it somewhere where it doesnt take over every other thread. If its not needed GREAT, lock the B**** and move on.

3TrueFans

Just a Happily Married Man
Sep 10, 2009
Ames
Because typically whenever something "negative" happens within the ISU program the forum gets taken over with negativity and "the sky is falling" menality... Does this thread promote negativity? I guess you could look at it that way... again... in case you didn't catch it in the original post. The purpose of it is so if your going to ***** and rant about things then keep it somewhere where it doesnt take over every other thread. If its not needed GREAT, lock the B**** and move on.
No good CF posters have ever come from Mesa, AZ. This is a fact.

ca4cy

Dec 6, 2009
North Central IA
No meltdown from me. Hopefully we got a bunch of crap out of the way at once. Poor ft shooting, poor box outs on the defensive boards, missed shots close in, gave up too many 2nd chance points etc. Our game plan was good and we took away OUs strength for most of the game. They hit threes and in spite of everything else that was the difference. As stated several times the concern now is Kane.

Oh and Spangler is a punk.

Cyclone_Power

Oct 23, 2006
Minneapolis
Hopefully this isn't a sign of things to come on the road. Didn't get to watch the game today, because Comcast sucks and I don't get ESPNU. But hopefully this isn't the same old Cyclone team that wins 90% of their home games and struggles to find any wins on the road in the Big XII play.

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron