****Official ISU/BYU Gameday Thread****

VeloClone

Jan 19, 2010
Brooklyn Park, MN
Interested to see how this team responds. I have a feeling BYU is going to punch us right in the mouth, will see if ISU punches back or folds.

I agree. Michigan punched ISU in the mouth 3 or 4 times and the team came back every time. This game is not going to be played in Hilton Coliseum, however.

Dandy

Future CF Mod
Oct 11, 2012
Western Iowa
mine still says BYU -5.5

O/U 174

I'll take the under. I know the game will be played at an unbelievable pace but I don't see both teams taking the score into the high 80s. ISU will play much better defense than anyone else BYU has played.

Cincyclone

Feb 5, 2012
The more I think about this game, the more I think ISU wins by 10+. Anybody running low on koolaid? I've got plenty to spare.

BBHMagic

Oct 15, 2009
The more I think about this game, the more I think ISU wins by 10+. Anybody running low on koolaid? I've got plenty to spare.

I think there's a chance we can win but a blow out sounds more fun. Sure I'll have some.

rholtgraves

Sep 25, 2009
Their best player by far is Haws. If they can keep him in check I think ISU wins easily. They beat Stanford who isn't very good. Their PG is not a great shooter an I don't think their bigs can guard Ejim or Niang. Lastly, I think ISU is a lot deeper team. I'm really surprised BYU is favored by that much.
I'm interested to see
Who they start out on Haws.

Last edited:

MNCyGuy

Jan 14, 2009
Des Moines
Their best player by far is Haws. If they can keep him in check I think ISU wins easily. They beat Stanford who isn't very good. Their PG is not a great shooter an I don't think their bigs can guard Ejim or Niang. Lastly, I think ISU is a lot deeper team. I'm really surprised BYU is favored by that much.
I'm interested to see
Who they start out on Haws.

I'd assume Kane will get Haws a lot of the night, with Long seeing some time as well, just because I can see Kane's size giving him trouble and Naz is potentially moving into a 6th man role.

cycloneike001

Dec 14, 2008
Ames
Studying in London for the semester and so bummed I couldn't be in Hilton on Sunday! Gonna be a late night tonight for me, hope we can pull it off. Go Clones!

Cyinthenorth

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 29, 2013
Dubuque
If Haws is rusty at all still, ISU wins easily, by around 10. If Haws plays at close to, or completely full strength, it'll be a fight to the finish.

MNCyGuy

Jan 14, 2009
Des Moines
They don't seem overly confident for a team favored. Says Haws looked sore yesterday.

BYU-Iowa State GameDay: Timing, tempo may set up better for Cougars this year vs. Cyclones : CougarBlue.com

This article also says they are not sold out, but it sounds like they are now.
They are certainly giving us plenty of respect, but that may be by design.

I say Thomas has a breakout game and we pull away late.

Not surprised at the respect. When you have a non-blue blood with a well-regarded hostile environment like that, that's normally the sign of good, basketball-smart fanbase.

HitItHard58

Nov 3, 2012
Story Co.
Kane will feast on the Mormon entrails of their point guard.

homer-simpson-drooling-animated-gif_1.jpg

Mmmmm Mormon entrails....

MNCyGuy

Jan 14, 2009
Des Moines
Pretty sure you dont get it. I have the same thing and have never found it.

I haven't had Mediacom for a couple years, but I definitely had ESPNU when I had the sports tier. If you don't even get ESPNU, why the hell would you pay for that package?

klamath632

Nov 19, 2011
They don't seem overly confident for a team favored. Says Haws looked sore yesterday.

BYU-Iowa State GameDay: Timing, tempo may set up better for Cougars this year vs. Cyclones : CougarBlue.com

This article also says they are not sold out, but it sounds like they are now.
They are certainly giving us plenty of respect, but that may be by design.

I say Thomas has a breakout game and we pull away late.

The linked article states:

This sets up to the best non-conference opportunity since December of 2001, when top 10-ranked Baylor visited and won. That was current junior point guard Matt Carlino's first game as a Cougar.

Um, it's 2013. How was a current BYU junior playing for them back in 2001?

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron