****Official ISU/BYU Gameday Thread****

• After Iowa State won the Big 12, a Cyclone made a wonderful offer to We Will that now increases our match. Now all gifts up to $400,000 between now and the Final 4 will be matched. Please consider giving at We Will Collective.
    This notice can be dismissed using the upper right corner X button.

howellc33

Mar 18, 2012
Britt, IA
gif for Edozie
dikembe_mutombo_finger_wag-53668.gif

helechopper

Loyal Son Forever True
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 8, 2006
Chicago
I just can't ******* believe it. We won...and not just that, but HOW we won. Are you ******* pulling my sack?!? AWESOME!!

CoKane

Oct 26, 2013
Cedar Rapids
First, I apologies for my pessimism. I act like a total ***** sometimes, I'll admit that. These refs were awful both ways the whole game. They would heavily favor BYU, and then switch and heavily favor Iowa State. It may have evened out in the end, but even refereeing does not equal good refereeing. Georges was unstoppable on the inside at the end, and it ended up being exactly what we needed. Kinda disappointed with some of our guys though. I know it's not a big deal, but Melvin should know better then to flip off the crowd, and I have no idea what Kane was trying to do when he got tossed. I'd rather not have that be what is remember by the BYU crowd, but no point in worrying about that right now I guess. Lastly, just because I know we are going to hear this tomorrow, BYU was not screwed over. They had plenty of time to call a timeout after Edozie hit his last free throw. A win is a win though, I'll take it.

CY88CE11

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Oct 25, 2012
The Des
Alright, sorry for the formatting, but here is my list of people that can't celebrate this win with us:

GoSTATE71 – Page 22
GET OFF THE FLOOR HOGUE ARE YOU KIDDING ME. SHOW SOME DAMN HUSSLE

RedlineSi – Page 22
Turning this off. Good night.

Helechopper – Page 22
And goodnight.

CyFan61 – Page 23
Everybody who thought we would win has not been an ISU fan for very long. Classic.

GoSTATE71 – 23
Well, maybe the ranking came too soon.

CoKane – Page 23
Oh lord. There goes all our momentum from the Michigan game.

Timappelate – Page 24
Over.

83Clone – Page 24
Not sure why we scheduled this game right after Michigan

Cyinthenorth – Page 24
Young team on the road...might be over. (I’ll give you the benefit of the doubt here, but have some damn optimism occasionally.)

RedlineSi – Page 25
I figured we'd lose after the big win, but the lack of any effort is frightening.

CyFan61 – Page 25
Really, I don't know what everyone expected. Young team against a good team with 20,000 people against them. Duh.

THIS is why I watch every ******* game. Yes, I've been a cyclone for 25 years, and I've been kicked in the nuts God-knows-how-many-times, but nut up, take them like a champ, and then I'll celebrate our big victories with you.

Cyinthenorth

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 29, 2013
Dubuque
Alright, sorry for the formatting, but here is my list of people that can't celebrate this win with us:

GoSTATE71 – Page 22

RedlineSi – Page 22

Helechopper – Page 22
And goodnight.

CyFan61 – Page 23
Everybody who thought we would win has not been an ISU fan for very long. Classic.

GoSTATE71 – 23

CoKane – Page 23

Timappelate – Page 24
Over.

83Clone – Page 24

Cyinthenorth – Page 24
Young team on the road...might be over. (I’ll give you the benefit of the doubt here, but have some damn optimism occasionally.)

RedlineSi – Page 25
I figured we'd lose after the big win, but the lack of any effort is frightening.

CyFan61 – Page 25
Really, I don't know what everyone expected. Young team against a good team with 20,000 people against them. Duh.

THIS is why I watch every ******* game. Yes, I've been a cyclone for 25 years, and I've been kicked in the nuts God-knows-how-many-times, but nut up, take them like a champ, and then I'll celebrate our big victories with you.
I appreciate you calling me out (and giving me the benefit of the doubt). I couldn't be happier about being wrong.

CY88CE11

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Oct 25, 2012
The Des
We won the game. Can't we all just be happy about that and stop going after our own fans?

If you're referring to me, no. I will not stand for fans that don't support our team during the game, then want to celebrate after the game. That's ridiculous.

I'm ecstatic about tonight's win. Did I get a bit down when we were down like 12? Sure. But I didn't turn off the TV (or publicly declare I was going to), nor did I forsake any previous win or accomplishment.

CoKane

Oct 26, 2013
Cedar Rapids

GoSTATE71 – Page 22

RedlineSi – Page 22

Helechopper – Page 22
And goodnight.

CyFan61 – Page 23

GoSTATE71 – 23

CoKane – Page 23

Timappelate – Page 24
Over.

83Clone – Page 24

Cyinthenorth – Page 24

RedlineSi – Page 25

CyFan61 – Page 25

The thing about me is that I am wrong about 75% of the time, Right 5%, and the other 20% I'm wrong but love that I was. This a part of my 20%.