***Official Iowa State vs UNLV in Vegas Gameday Thread***

GoClones123

Sep 5, 2010
Clive, IA
Thank you, I don't think people realize they just played two ranked teams and one on their home floor.

You can still react to the game. This is a game we looked like dog poop. The name of the thread is Official Iowa State vs UNLV in Vegas Gameday Thread. Not Entire ISU season in a Nut shell Thread. So yeah when we play terrible they should be called terrible.

Reactions: CycloneRulzzz

CynadoAlley

Nov 28, 2010
Siouxland
Stating the obvious here, but if these losses didn't happen on back to back days I would feel a lot better about them. We just need to take care of business at home now, and be sure to play good ball against Iowa and Drake and we'll be set up pretty well going into the conference schedule. From there I have faith in Freddy and Co. to use these games as learning experiences just as they did last year.

Cardinal2001

Feb 14, 2007
Ames
We have to have better 3 point shooting. If Babb ramps it up, we'll be ok. McGee is doing great on the 3 pt line, he just needs to keep it up.

CycloneRulzzz

Gameday Guru
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jul 13, 2008
Nevada, IA
You can still react to the game. This is a game we looked like dog poop. The name of the thread is Official Iowa State vs UNLV in Vegas Gameday Thread. Not Entire ISU season in a Nut shell Thread. So yeah when we play terrible they should be called terrible.

Amen I'm reacting to what I'm seeing if this kind of play continues we will struggle to beat a lot of teams.

ajk4st8

Mar 27, 2006
Ankeny
We have to have better 3 point shooting. If Babb ramps it up, we'll be ok. McGee is doing great on the 3 pt line, he just needs to keep it up.

Since the start of December of 2011 hasnt he shot like 24% from three??? I hope he ramps it up too, but until then, going to just need his D.

Last edited:

bozclone

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 18, 2011
Indiana
Right now, I think McGee, Georges, Melvin, and Gibson are bringing the most to the table. Some of these other guys need to play better.

tee1up

Dec 29, 2007
Scottsdale, AZ
Thank you, I don't think people realize they just played two ranked teams and one on their home floor.

Thank you, I do realize we just played two ranked teams, and one on their home floor. That has nothing to do with being so fundementally poor. Even when open, our guys shoot fade away threes with their legs kicked out, we miss layups, no help defense.

I think in the end we will get better, like last year. But that doesn't make it any easier watch bad basketball.

Reactions: ajk4st8

cyatheart

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 18, 2008
Guys, it is November. You just't don't throw these guys together and immediately come up with a final four team. They will be fine, it takes times. If they look like this in mid-January then get worried. But they won't. Teams get better, shocking revelation I know.

ajk4st8

Mar 27, 2006
Ankeny
Thank you, I do realize we just played two ranked teams, and one on their home floor. That has nothing to do with being so fundementally poor. Even when open, our guys shoot fade away threes with their legs kicked out, we miss layups, no help defense.

I think in the end we will get better, like last year. But that doesn't make it any easier watch bad basketball.

Agreed.. Its not that we lost, but how we are playing.

I think all these things are totally correctable, and we can be fine. These guys do work hard and rebound hard.. In that aspect they are probably ahead of last years team.

mj4cy

Asst. Regional Manager
Staff member
Mar 28, 2006
Iowa
We will be fine. A piece of humble pie is much better than a 50 point blowout where you learn nothing.

Guys will get better. Think about how much we killed Chris Allen last year for taking horrible shots.

I'd rather peak in March than November. Again, we will be just fine.

cyclones500

Jan 29, 2010
Michigan
basslakebeacon.com
Agreed.. Its not that we lost, but how we are playing.

I think all these things are totally correctable, and we can be fine. These guys do work hard and rebound hard.. In that aspect they are probably ahead of last years team.

Rebounding looked good. That was a knock against last year's team in the early-going.

I didn't expect the offense to look so out of kilter.

State43

Nov 22, 2010
Omaha, NE
Anyone that is ripping on Clyburn, the guy had 21 points and 15 rebounds. Usually, that would be considered a pretty good night. Had some dumb turnovers because he has no business running point but overall pretty good.

mitten1975

Oct 27, 2012
I think this is a good team. I also think there are many on the team with lots of pride and they will gel together as a team. I think we have the disadvantage of throwing people together who haven't had that much game experience together. And I don't doubt if there is a way to get these guys clicking, Hoiberg will find a way. Whoever gave the example of Chris Allen gave the perfect example. By the end of the year I thought Chris, though not a point guard was indespensible to the team. By the end of the year I was really impressed by that guy, and with the whole scheme that Hoiberg had come up with.

acgclone

Feb 21, 2007
No one should be surprised that we lost to two top 20 teams considering we have only 2 returning starters who are very good role players but not big time players.

We are relying on 2 brand new transfers and Booker who is clearly another role player.

KL and Clyburn will get better and Hoiberg will find ways to utilize our players. Niang, Gibson and Naz are just getting going too.

Plus the B12 looks like dog crap so we should still do fine in conference

tee1up

Dec 29, 2007
Scottsdale, AZ
I think in the interview at haftime with Coach Matt he said the plan was to let Will play the postion that Royce did last year, to see how it would work. We will see.

Help Support Us

Become a patron