***Official Iowa State vs UNLV in Vegas Gameday Thread***

CyArob

Why are you the way that you are?
Apr 22, 2011
MN
Terrible shooting, terrible officials, Gibson plays terrible defense, lots of turnovers.

Great rebounding (especially offensively), Good FT%, Good defense with Booker in.

That pretty much sums it up.

gocubs2118

Mar 31, 2006
Illinois
Too many overreactions in this thread, this team is not THAT bad. Just like last years team we need to gel, give them time. I see flashes of greatness in some players(McGee, Lucious, Clyburn, and Ejim especiallly). These early tests are good for them, we'll be ready to roll the B12 come conference season time, give them some time to learn from this.

Thank you, I don't think people realize they just played two ranked teams and one on their home floor.

CynadoAlley

Nov 28, 2010
Siouxland
Tonight might as well be an extra game in the loss column with how bad we beat ourselves..

That being said, this is some of the worst officiating I've seen in a long long time.

SvrWxCy

Aug 6, 2010
Kansas
www.recruitlists.com
Just as a reference on all of this foul talk. Through the first 5 games Iowa State averaged 16 fouls per game; while the opponent averaged 19 fouls per game.

Tonight Iowa State has 22 fouls; UNLV has 13 fouls.

Biggest differentials tonight were FG%, free throws and total assists.

CloneState1028

Jan 21, 2008
Ames, IA via Cedar Rapids
Lmao. We lose two games to two top 20 teams and all of a sudden we aren't a tourney team.

Some people, man...

Look. We are WAY ahead at this time this year compared to at this time last year. It's not close. And we still have a long ways to go. We'll be fine.

Clones85'

Just Win Baby
Jan 31, 2007
Usual posters overreacting as usual. So far this year we have lost to 2 rated teams. Last year we lost to Drake. Calm down people.

Clyburn has talent. He will be our best all around player this year but you can tell he's pressing right now. Still you don't get over 13 rebounds in a game as a 6'7 player unless you are working your tail off.

chadly82

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 10, 2009
Why do we have so many drama queen clones?

digZ

Sep 2, 2011
Colorado
Lmao. We lose two games to two top 20 teams and all of a sudden we aren't a tourney team.

Some people, man...

Look. We are WAY ahead at this time this year compared to at this time last year. It's not close. And we still have a long ways to go. We'll be fine.

Don't try argue with logic. This loss is JUST as bad as the Drake loss I tell you!!! THE SEASON IS OVER, FIRE FRED, BRING BACK MORGAN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

CyArob

Why are you the way that you are?
Apr 22, 2011
MN
I have a feeling this will be a positive experience in the long run. I can see maybe one more non conference loss on the schedule. Hopefully UNLV and Cincinnati end up being really good teams.

digZ

Sep 2, 2011
Colorado
I have a feeling this will be a positive experience in the long run. I can see maybe one more non conference loss on the schedule. Hopefully UNLV and Cincinnati end up being really good teams.

UNLV has talent, but I think they will lose some games if they get too cocky and play undisciplined ball. Cinicnnati will end up being very good. They play good team basketball, and they play tenacious D and for a lot of turnovers. Cincy will be the better loss(if there is such a thing) by the end of the year, but UNLV will not be a bad one by any stretch.

Just like Mick Cronin I believe all 4 teams in this tournament will be dancing come march.

bozclone

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 18, 2011
Indiana
Last year at this time, we had Scotty running the point. Fred will figure this out. It think the guys are playing hard on defense and our rebounding was good tonight. We just need to get a little smarter on defense and we need to score when we take it to the rim.

huntt26

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 10, 2006
po' dUnk
Seeing the mountain west logo makes me laugh thinking back 2 summers ago when everyone thought that would be our new conference

The_Architect

Apr 11, 2006
Our 3 point shooting is a major major concern. We are going to be merely average at the 3 ball this year.

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron