*** Official IOWA STATE VS Texas Tech Game(Day) Thread ***

bosco

Dec 21, 2008
Des Moines
Not that worried about the game not because I think we'll win but because it doesn't hurt us that much if we lose as long as we win at home.

The team has really shot well the last few games. Just got to think that the team is due for an off shooting game. Hope they win but if I had to choose i'd rather the team be "on" for the Baylor game.

stateofmind

Jul 16, 2007
Ankeny
It's been a heck of a birthday so far. Dresser hired AND accepted. I got to play golf in Iowa. And big Monday should top it off. Let's go boys!

Tailg8er

Feb 25, 2011
Johnston
Looking at the box score it's kind of surprising we won the first meeting with them.

- We only made 6 of 21 three pointers (including Naz going 1 for 7)
- We only grabbed 27 rebounds compared to their 42 (we average 36 on the year)
- We only got 2 total steals
- Burton only played 15 minutes, & Thomas only played 18. They scored 6 and 8 points, respectively.

I don't expect ANY of those things to be duplicated this time around, let alone all of them combined. Granted I'm sure Tech will play better also, but I'm a little more confident now.

CycloneBBFan

Dec 21, 2015
Looking at the box score it's kind of surprising we won the first meeting with them.

- We only made 6 of 21 three pointers (including Naz going 1 for 7)
- We only grabbed 27 rebounds compared to their 42 (we average 36 on the year)
- We only got 2 total steals
- Burton only played 15 minutes, & Thomas only played 18. They scored 6 and 8 points, respectively.

I don't expect ANY of those things to be duplicated this time around, let alone all of them combined. Granted I'm sure Tech will play better also, but I'm a little more confident now.

We didn't have Young playing at the level he's playing now. Controlling the paint will be key to this game.

HFCS

Aug 13, 2010
LA LA Land
On ESPN, Miami just scored 7 straight to tie up @Virginia with a minute left. Could be nice little non conf bump, they'd move ahead of UVA in ACC.

FerShizzle

person/genius
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Feb 5, 2013
Des Moines
For a 30 point blowout, the last 10:00 minutes of the FSUvBC game are taking too long. Keep that clock moving!

LLCoolCY

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 28, 2010
Minneapolis
Intriguing development from TT.

@CycloneMBB Livingston not in the starting 5 for the Red Raiders for the first time this season.

Also another nugget from Cyclone Basketball.

@CycloneMBB Monte Morris will break Jeff Hornacek's record for career steals with his next takeaway.

• Informative
Reactions: HFCS

HFCS

Aug 13, 2010
LA LA Land
Intriguing development from TT.

@CycloneMBB Livingston not in the starting 5 for the Red Raiders for the first time this season.

Also another nugget from Cyclone Basketball.

@CycloneMBB Monte Morris will break Jeff Hornacek's record for career steals with his next takeaway.

Are we sure it's break? I thought one steal ties and 2 breaks. I could be wrong or thinking of prior to TCU game.