*** Official IOWA STATE VS TCU Game(Day) Thread ***

alarson

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 15, 2006
Ankeny
Just lost to the team projected last in the Big 12. We won’t win another game.

We'll win a game. Its rare to see any team end up with zero. Like we'll probably beat TCU at home. But it wont be many wins, that's for sure.

Clone95

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 13, 2019
It was bad execution. They were supposed to foul but the guard let the screener stop them and then Bolton couldn’t get to him to foul him. Whichever guard that was should have blown up the pic and got the foul called there.

tim_redd

Mar 29, 2006
Ankeny
I'm happy with the effort and heart shown by all of our players tonight. To say I'm disappointed with the coach would be an understatement.

cyclo120

Apr 11, 2006
Not going to be a lot of winnable games in conference play for this team unfortunately and we missed a great opportunity tonight. I am also trying very hard not to think about Next year with Haliburton in the nba.

Cardinal2001

Feb 14, 2007
Ames
Just out of curiosity; did you ever post after wins? I have a memory like a steel trap, and I don't recall ever seeing your handle after any positive moments last season, or even after beating Seton Hall earlier this year.

I don't recall any, either. Trying to outdo jeresilb

madguy30

Nov 15, 2011
Can someone clarify if today's late foul/don't foul situation was different than the one in Lawrence in 2013? Were the foul totals different?

Or the UNI game in November 2013 when the same thing happened?

This is not a pro-Prohm thing--it was clear that line up out there the last...20 minutes (?) is a strong one and the next game will feature the same starting line up with questionable shifts among other things.

• Informative
Reactions: NENick

bosco

Dec 21, 2008
Des Moines
Absolutely terrible loss. Should not have gotten to OT in the first place, but we were absolutely awful in OT anyway. Particularly Hali. Hero ball killed him late-game when there simply wasn't a need for it.
That's the offense. Everyone stands around waiting for TH to do something.

JP4CY

I'm Mike Jones
Staff member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 19, 2008
Testifying
He is the ying to cats yang. Equally awful on different sides.
Both of them would be awful to watch a game with.
He watches games to do an "I told ya so about this coach more than actually rooting on the team."

• Winner
Reactions: AgronAlum

alarson

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 15, 2006
Ankeny
Lol, everyone losing their mind when we weren't supposed to win this game.

The fact that we werent supposed to win to the team picked to finish last in conference seems reason enough for people to 'lose their minds'

• Creative
Reactions: HoustonClone

herbicide

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 23, 2006
Ankeny, IA
Lol, everyone losing their mind when we weren't supposed to win this game.

Literally a foul at the end of regulation away from a win. That is why people can lose their minds. There is no valid excuse for them not to foul in that situation. None.

NENick

Feb 14, 2017
This game, taken by itself, indicated nothing about coaching. Team played hard, made plays, but opponent banks in a 3 to send to overtime. Visiting team percentage in OT is not good. Disappointing, but not on CSP.

MeowingCows

Jun 1, 2015
Iowa
It was bad execution. They were supposed to foul but the guard let the screener stop them and then Bolton couldn’t get to him to foul him. Whichever guard that was should have blown up the pic and got the foul called there.
Another poor execution was endgame by Jackson not fouling after the inbound immediately, but rather letting them run 10 seconds off, then fouling anyway. No reason for that.

• Agree
Reactions: Althetuna

HoustonClone

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 13, 2006

Hey now, don't introduce reality into this ***** fest.

AgronAlum

Jul 12, 2014
Absolutely terrible loss. Should not have gotten to OT in the first place, but we were absolutely awful in OT anyway. Particularly Hali. Hero ball killed him late-game when there simply wasn't a need for it.

You’re seriously coming at Hali after going 22 11 and 9? Lolololol. He was the reason we were in it to begin with.

• Agree
Reactions: SpokaneCY