*** Official IOWA STATE VS Oklahoma State Game(Day) Thread ***

CYEATHAWK

Aug 26, 2007
Could somebody with better tech skills than me link the Fran Franchilla tweet from last night comparing our 4 guard offense to KU's? Would like some discussion on it, just for discussion sake. (No, I don't have an 'agenda'). Certainly can't complain about our offensive production last night but wondering about when we meet those teams again that won't let us push the tempo or take advantage of steals (like a Cincinnati). I always value Fran's opinion. Besides, he likes us. Apologize if already posted somewhere else.

I think Fran is full of it. Yeah, he likes us........but he loves him some KU. Lost me when saying he was glad the officials didn't bail out Mckay for being too aggressive forcing it and looking for the foul......and then a couple of possessions later after Naz get whistled for a foul on Mason....admits that although there wasn't much there to call Naz on.....just loved how Mason is aggressive and forces the issue.

• Funny
Reactions: carvers4math

singsing

Nov 2, 2007
Monte is definitely not as aggressive at the hoop, but that's because he hasn't got a call in four years when he does welcome contact. He usually ends up on his ass while the other team takes the ball the other way. It's amazing how much he gets beat up at the rim with no foul.
I'd expect Monte to turn it up as the season progresses. No reason to beat yourself up early in the season. Watching our senior guards the rest of the way out is gonna be good. No reason to leave anything on the floor now. Prohm will have them peaking at the right time.

Help Support Us

Become a patron