*** Official IOWA STATE vs Memphis Liberty Bowl Game(Day) Thread ***

Kinch

Sep 19, 2021
After 8 years I expect more. Youth or not. Gambling or not. This cannot continue. Jaimie has to look at this and wonder why ISU continues to be a bottom feeder. Even with Texas and OK gone, we have little to no chance to become a perennial favorite. UTAH, BYU, Arizona and even KU will eat our lunch. Not to mention Colorado. I no longer arrange my schedule to watch ISU football.
I’m happy for you.

Reactions: jctisu

KCyclone2010

May 19, 2017
The thing is that fans are asked to do so much now. Donate to the ad, buy season tickets, donate to the collective, travel to bowl games. Spend all of this money just so our coaches can get outclassed by a G5 team? There has to be a return on investment or fans will stop giving

3TrueFans

Just a Happily Married Man
Sep 10, 2009
Ames
The thing is that fans are asked to do so much now. Donate to the ad, buy season tickets, donate to the collective, travel to bowl games. Spend all of this money just so our coaches can get outclassed by a G5 team? There has to be a return on investment or fans will stop giving
So don't do those things.

Reactions: t-noah

Cyclone06

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 11, 2006
Urbandale
And do all that and the last thing you can do is criticize the coach in public. That’s not right, poor coach, feel bad for him.

• Haha
  • Funny
Reactions: NWICY and joefrog

LAClone

Apr 26, 2010
And do all that and the last thing you can do is criticize the coach in public. That’s not right, poor coach, feel bad for him.

Why criticize the top-dog making a cool $4 mil a year when you can criticize the college students on the field?

• Dumb
Reactions: CyDude16

ClubCy

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 8, 2023
Disappointing thing to me is Memphis looked like the better players overall. Those 40 - 50 rated recruiting classes are what they are. Hopefully being young will pay dividends next year.
Would it surprise you that it’s actually 50-60 rated recruiting classes and Memphis is slightly behind? We recruit like a top end G5 program and the lowest of low P5 programs. I get it we can’t spend like others but we do have *some resources* and if we aren’t gonna spend on hs recruiting we need change our philosophy in the portal and go use it there. You can’t spend the entire budget on the roster you have because it’s already in the building.

• Dumb
Reactions: CyDude16

3TrueFans

Just a Happily Married Man
Sep 10, 2009
Ames
Ok I won’t. Along with lots of others. Don’t then complain when jack trice is empty on Saturdays
I don't plan on it, I don't work for the athletic department or the football team so it doesn't mean anything to me how many people are in the stands.

RagingCloner

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 2, 2022
After 8 years I expect more. Youth or not. Gambling or not. This cannot continue. Jaimie has to look at this and wonder why ISU continues to be a bottom feeder. Even with Texas and OK gone, we have little to no chance to become a perennial favorite. UTAH, BYU, Arizona and even KU will eat our lunch. Not to mention Colorado. I no longer arrange my schedule to watch ISU football.
Literally none of us give a flying **** about your schedule. This was one hell of a year, and we won 7 games when most of us thought we’d win 2-3 after the Ohio loss. Yes, it sucks getting bullied in a bowl game and it looking like the team wasn’t prepared. Know what sucks more? Only winning 4 games. Whether anyone believes it or not, this team has a bright future with the realignment, youth coming back, etc. You mention them not being a perennial top half team and having their lunch ate by Utah. The same Utah that lost to a bad NW team?

Today was a bad game. Life goes on. Yes, CMC seemed to go back to old habits which sucks ass. But at the end of the day, life goes on. At least we aren’t Iowa fans

Cyclone06

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 11, 2006
Urbandale
It’s all about a mismatch of expectations. CMC presumably enjoys being paid to be a football coach. But he really just wants to be a mentor. Which is cool in a way. But as a fan I want wins. He brushes the shortcomings off like it’s no big deal cuz he’s mentoring young men, but actually 4.5M to win football games is a big deal. Pretty cool he gets to have it both ways and us fans are just idiots who don’t get it.

But actually I do get it. You can be a noble mentor of young men for 50k like many people. If you want 4.5M, losing a game like this can’t be shrugged off as an oopsie daisy.

chadly82

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 10, 2009
I was just thinking….I believe Cyclone fans probably stepped up more financially in the last 90 days than in any time in our history from the new landscape. I literally donated more than I wanted to which isn’t a ton. Would my extra 2000 or 5000 matter? Sure maybe idk…but it didn’t show today and “keeping our guys” by donating more showed up like this today. I will continue to donate and buy tickets etc but good god I may just specify differently if this is the result for a large group of people stepping up the best they can. Sorry…rant over, don’t want to be so negative but damn

isufanz1

Apr 11, 2006
WDM
Literally none of us give a flying **** about your schedule. This was one hell of a year, and we won 7 games when most of us thought we’d win 2-3 after the Ohio loss. Yes, it sucks getting bullied in a bowl game and it looking like the team wasn’t prepared. Know what sucks more? Only winning 4 games. Whether anyone believes it or not, this team has a bright future with the realignment, youth coming back, etc. You mention them not being a perennial top half team and having their lunch ate by Utah. The same Utah that lost to a bad NW team?

Today was a bad game. Life goes on. Yes, CMC seemed to go back to old habits which sucks ass. But at the end of the day, life goes on. At least we aren’t Iowa fans

Per CMC’s own standard of what is a good team:

2021 7-6 (multiple NFL guys). Bullsh** team
2022 4-8. Bullsh** team.
2023 7-6. Lost to 2 G5. Bullsh** team.

His standards, not mine.

swiacy

Apr 9, 2009
From the git go looked to me like they were amped up and we were still on the bus. They were getting to play a Big 12 team and show that they were not getting respect deserved from their win total. While we were from the Big 12 and not need to worry about this team from a lesser conference. Never mind it was their home game and motivated. Reminded me of when we played Rutgers in the NYC Bowl.

cycloner29

Dec 17, 2008
Ames
Why???

IMG_3717.jpeg

This was bizarre to say the least. Cyclone fan asked where the Hawk fan was at. We all pointed at him. Hawk fan was around 4 other guys. Cyclone guy starts talking to him. Then it got heated. Lots of jawing back and forth. One guy says the hawk fan is rooting for ISU. Lots of trash talking went on. Finally Cyclone fans wife kinda walks over to him to get him to leave. Just really weird but more excitement than the game.

• Angry
Reactions: simply1

Kinch

Sep 19, 2021

I care about his schedule. I am going to have him mow my lawn so I can go to the game. Sounds like he will have time to mow my lawn now.

simply1

Rec Center HOF
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 10, 2009
Pdx
Ok I won’t. Along with lots of others. Don’t then complain when jack trice is empty on Saturdays
That’s just the ante to be on the field, every other program has to do that too and many more do it better.

cyatheart

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 18, 2008
I don’t disagree. I was never a big return on investment guy, it’s entertainment. But with all this money being thrown around I don’t know anymore. I mean I get it. They are 20 years old and you can’t win them all. Sometimes you play bad, but stuff like today just isn’t acceptable when you make 4m and everyone pouring money into it like this.

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron