*** Official IOWA STATE vs Memphis Liberty Bowl Game(Day) Thread ***

BigJCy

Apr 11, 2006
Walters just said Becht set the ISU single game yards passing record.

HFCS

Aug 13, 2010
LA LA Land
Thank you!!!! Somebody grasps this.

I said it a few posts back, but hope to God Washington doesn’t try to establish the run Monday against Texas just because you have to do that. That would be idiotic when nobody has run on them and their back end is not good.

I’d like to run the ball too…but you have to adapt in game if the goal is to actually win. I really think our coaches sometimes want to run the ball more than they want to win.

3TrueFans

Just a Happily Married Man
Sep 10, 2009
Ames
If the game doesn't matter then why bother playing it? Why risk someone getting hurt?
They get cool swag for showing up usually, but yes, these games are meaningless. Does the school get a payout from the bowl?

ISUTex

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 25, 2012
Rural U.S.A.
If the players don't hate losing more than they enjoy winning then they shouldn't play the game. If playing to win doesn't matter then we shouldn't except a bowl invitation that way they can go home for Christmas to see momma.

Maybe they're just not that good? Doesn't mean they weren't trying.

CycloneVet

Jul 17, 2011
Cedar Falls
I am usually pretty quiet here. I don’t care that this is what many of you call a so called exhibition game. Thi is probably the most embarrassing performance I have seen next to the Ohio game. I give the Ohio game a small pass due to illness. This game is an embarrassment to the program. No prep, no inspiration and an oline that looked like a jv oline. If the team didn’t want to be here today they should have declined the invite. We have see many many times the lack of preparation from Campbell with teams we should be handling and then coming out and laying an egg. I think this is an ego personality where he thinks they can just have the show up and win. It is getting pretty damn old seeing this sort of game and lack of preparation.

Actually getting beat by almost 70 was more embarrassing to me.

Reactions: CyDude16

bizzle

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 14, 2006
NY, NY
If I had paid to travel to and attend that game I would probably feel pretty bad. Lotta money for that performance.

Help Support Us

Become a patron