*** Official IOWA STATE VS Baylor Game(Day) Thread ***

• After Iowa State won the Big 12, a Cyclone made a wonderful offer to We Will that now increases our match. Now all gifts up to $400,000 between now and the Final 4 will be matched. Please consider giving at We Will Collective.
    This notice can be dismissed using the upper right corner X button.

jsb

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 7, 2008
Want him to call out players ? Lol

If he called out players, we'd ***** about that.

Here's the thing. I don't think Tom Manning is some sort of offensive genius. Hell, I don't think Campbell is either. I very rarely understand what we are doing on offense. But they are smarter than me. And Campbell, even if he isn't great on offense, he is a damn good coach.

Reactions: motorcy90

Tornado man

Sep 16, 2007
Ames, IA
remember all those come from ahead losses your uncle had?

were we in worse shape? or was Mac just a ****** coach?
Like you have any knowledge what a good coach/bad coach is. Mac has been gone for 13 years and you're still obsessed.
Is this the same Cat Stevens who pooh-poohed yet another loss to Iowa - and said the Big 12 games (um, like this one) are the important ones?

• Funny
Reactions: Cat Stevens

jsb

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 7, 2008
Like you have any knowledge to what a good coach/bad coach is. Mac has been gone for 13 years and you're still obsessed.
Is this the same Cat Stevens who pooh-poohed yet another loss to Iowa - and said the Big 12 games (um, like this one) are the important ones?

Do you think Campbell is a bad coach?

Inthesystem

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 12, 2009
Yeah, I think it's more of your last part of the sentence; RBs are decent, but we need Kene healthy because of his speed.
I don’t think we have stuck with the running game enough. Even if it’s not great you need to stick with it. There were some good flashes today.

• Agree
Reactions: 2020cy

Cat Stevens

Mar 7, 2017
Like you have any knowledge what a good coach/bad coach is. Mac has been gone for 13 years and you're still obsessed.

you're the one trying to make up nonsense to try to pretend your uncle wasn’t terrible.

The fact that you want to pretend he was not, at best, mediocre, explains how little you know about what makes up a good coach.

And, Yeah. I don’t get so bunched up, that I worry about the results of a college football game.

I especially don’t get uptight enough to try to use a loss to glorify a guy that averaged 4 1/2 wins a year. Especially when any school in the country would not have kept him after year 4.

BeneventiCy28

Feb 9, 2015
Granger
The final score says otherwise. Would you like to go on record and give ISU a participation win? Maybe the team could wear ‘we’re better even though we lost’ shirts - it would probably be motivating!
Don’t ever Confuse me saying the better team (us) SHOULD’VE won with saying the better team deserved to win but lost. I believe we’re better than Baylor, but we lost. I didn’t say we deserved to win, we don’t deserve anything other than what we earn. We didn’t earn this win, but don’t ever “suggest” to me that we deserved a win and should get a participation trophy you piece of ****. Don’t mock my statement for simply misunderstanding it

madguy30

Nov 15, 2011

The Big 12 games are more important.

This game was way more important and hurts way more than the Iowa loss.

• Agree
Reactions: isuno1fan

Tornado man

Sep 16, 2007
Ames, IA
No one here (except maybe ex-college players, and that's a maybe) is qualified to judge whether a college fb coach in "good" or "bad." Pollard isn't either. He never played football.
All fans (and Pollard) can do is judge someone on wins and losses. And when coaches don't win enough, they're fired. That's what happened to McCarney - and Rhoads.
Cat Stevens' obsession with Mac is pathetic, considering he knows about one one-thousandth about the game as Mac, or any other college coach.

clonedude

Apr 16, 2006

I think Cambell is a really, really good head coach.

But he played defense in college and is a defensive minded coach.... and he hired his buddy as his OC, but his buddy isn't a very good OC unfortunately, and neither is CMC.

So CMC really needs to go hire a decent OC if we want to take the next step, but I doubt he will do that. And the OL coach we have right now isn't ready yet either for his position.

jsb

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 7, 2008
Quite honestly, we've lost twice because of special teams. They shouldn't be this bad in year four.

True enough on that. And it is obvious that Campbell thinks so since he dumped that Special Teams coach last year.

• Agree
Reactions: Stewo

jsb

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 7, 2008
I think Cambell is a really, really good head coach.

But he played defense in college and is a defensive minded coach.... and he hired his buddy as his OC, but his buddy isn't a very good OC unfortunately, and neither is CMC.

So CMC really needs to go hire a decent OC if we want to take the next step, but I doubt he will do that. And the OL coach we have right now isn't ready yet either for his position.

I agree with a lot of that.

I will say that hiring a decent OC is a tough thing. I think Pollard made a choice to hire a guy that was going to bring in his staff, warts and all. For the most part, that has worked really well. But by hiring a young guy with not a lot of outside connections, you have some problems.

jsb

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 7, 2008
Lolz. I heard this after the Iowa game. This team just can't beat good teams.

SO FAR. Let's maybe just calm down until we have more evidence.

I think this program has proven over the last 2 years that it certainly can beat good teams.