*** Official IOWA STATE vs #8 West Virginia Game(Day) Thread ***

CyclonesRock

Jan 1, 2018
Iowa
I sew the difference... But that's not been the norm. I also saw alot of balls bounce our way tonight that kept this game closer than it potentially could have been, and is making 3 pointers we've been missing before.
We only shot 33% from 3. Not exactly setting the world on fire. I thought it was interesting that we are #1 in the conference in 2 pt percentage. Seems like we are always playing teams that have played a lot more games than us. As the season ages that should become less of a factor.

t-noah

Feb 2, 2007
I'd also like to see Prohm be a little more in-your-face. Just to know he's got it it in him. Coaches don't have to be and shouldn't always be nice. They need to get angry (with some players more than others), and often if necessary, I think. It is their job to make the players and team better.

I'm encouraged we played better tonight and with drive and energy. We'll see how the trend goes. I still wish Prohm would have gotten a Technical tonight. I'm sure there was a place or two for it. And I agree with others that I wish he wasn't so quiet, but talked to the officials more, like tonight how come the fouls were so one-sided? He needs to be less passive, less Mr. Nice. He has plenty of nice to fill in the gaps.

Last edited:

Big_Sill

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 4, 2008
Nope. The metrics show that they were off on their usual points. We jumped up on our statistics mainly our shooting percentage. I'm not going to take this as a trend. This game is an anomaly that ended in a loss.
Agree, 1 game is the anomaly at this point, but seems to me like our defense had a lot to do with their "OFF" night. I didn't see them missing a bunch of open looks.

• Agree
Reactions: Cyclad and aauummm

Halincandenza

Oct 24, 2018
Agree, 1 game is the anomaly at this point, but seems to me like our defense had a lot to do with their "OFF" night. I didn't see them missing a bunch of open looks.
Their offense is predicated around getting offensive rebounds and drawing fouls. They don’t have great guards. I don’t think they had an off night, I think ISU just played well.

Mississippi Clone

Aug 6, 2016
Better game, but I don’t think Johnson should play much. He had awful shot selection, constantly tries to dribble drive and isn’t very good at it, and makes lazy bad passes. Harris didn’t have a great game but has showed some good play at times. Without Johnson we probably have to play more often with 2 bigs but that looked ok last night. As others have noted when the announcer said Prohm is really good at out of bounds plays I really did lol. Even the biggest Prohm supporter would have to question that comment. Anyway better effort and moved the ball well at times and Bolton was getting it done.

heitclone

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 21, 2009
Way up there
Their offense is predicated around getting offensive rebounds and drawing fouls. They don’t have great guards. I don’t think they had an off night, I think ISU just played well.

We did play well but I think even though it doesn't look like it on paper, WV is a good matchup for us. They aren't great offensively and are bound to have droughts playing the way you describe, plus it doesn't allow for any rhythm on offense. If you match their effort, you can hang, we were able to do that. There isn't as much of a talent gap as you'd think for them being the #8 team in the country, they are just better at playing to their strengths, they know who they are.

Reactions: Halincandenza

Die4Cy

Jan 2, 2010
I'm curious if WV operates with a different pool of refs than most of the rest of the big 12 due to being so far removed from the rest of the conference. Games are called completely differently when we go out there.

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron