*** Official IOWA STATE VS #8 Texas Tech Game(Day) Thread ***

jpete24

Wearing nut cup since 2002
SuperFanatic
Mar 25, 2006
Minneapolis, MN
DxFbFA4UUAAn3rk.jpg

Iowa State giveth.....Iowa State taketh away.

SEIOWA CLONE

Dec 19, 2018
We as a team and a fan base needed that win. Playing #8 on the road, is a win that will be dividends come selection Sunday. Go ISU

• Agree
Reactions: Jayshellberg

Jayshellberg

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 4, 2016
Omaha
It was always pretty, but that is the hardest that I have ISU play on both ends of the floor in a long time. When you play with such effort, good things happen.

• Winner
Reactions: inCyteful

AuH2O

Sep 7, 2013
Big time gritty effort. I think the Jacobsen to the bench declaration may be a bit premature. Also, great job by Wigginton, THT, and NWB rebounding tonight. That was a huge factor in the game.

fsanford

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 22, 2007
Los Angeles
Wins against #5 KU and at #8 TT >>>>>>>>>> losses to Baylor and K-State

Pretty sure we overreacted to both losses - Baylor being a letdown after the KU win; K-State after leading the whole game. But neither of those losses are going to hurt us come tourney time - not even in terms of trying to play in Des Moines - if this team gets it's **** together with this win and plays like a Sweet 16 team the rest of the season. K-State is a solid tourney team and Baylor is a bubble-to-probably NIT team.

Some people overeacted others said lets get deeper into the conference season before throwing dirt on the the team ( Not saying you did this))

This team plays defense, they may not always win, but in most cases they will at least give themselves a chance to win.

madguy30

Nov 15, 2011
Jaco's block on Culver w/about a minute left that led to a runout and Hali-2-Wiggy alley-oop layup was HUGE! That play and hitting FT's at the end put us over the top.

While there were some shaky moments out there, this team might be learning to close in the last two minutes.

I'm not sure if there's a better situation for them to learn to close out than at a #8 gritty Tech team where ISU hardly ever plays well.

Hopefully it pays off.

ArgentCy

Jan 13, 2010
Big time gritty effort. I think the Jacobsen to the bench declaration may be a bit premature. Also, great job by Wigginton, THT, and NWB rebounding tonight. That was a huge factor in the game.

It was mostly THT to the bench in the second half and I think that is the right call for now. Even with LW still struggling at 3 of like 12.

• Agree
Reactions: Jayshellberg