*** Official IOWA STATE VS #8 Texas Tech Game(Day) Thread ***

SerenityNow

Dec 4, 2009
Central Iowa
Also, don’t know if this was covered in thread, but what the **** was the deal with Tech fans chanting airball all game on THT? I know they’re not used to winning and their fans have only started caring about basketball for the first time ever over the course of the last 12 months, but come on. That was just dumb.
And the way I saw it, his first shot wasn't an air ball. It skipped off the far side of the rim.

Macloney

Feb 28, 2014
Up Nort
So this begs the question: What is better ~ this one win against #8 TT at home and the two recent losses against BU and KSU....OR....win against BU/KSU but lose this one?

I think if you asked me two weeks ago, I’d take the TT win in sacrificing those two losses.

The answer is any win against kansas.

Reactions: jpete24

madguy30

Nov 15, 2011
Losing teams don't qualify for Jekyll and Hyde status. Those are just bad teams. "Jekyll and Hyde" is a description of a good team that for whatever reason at times plays like anything but.

Which is how I'd describe the Iowa State basketball mens' teams in 2012-13 and the 2014-15 seasons.

Good teams that could turn to hot garbage at any moment.

ianoconnor

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 11, 2007
Johnston
So this begs the question: What is better ~ this one win against #8 TT at home and the two recent losses against BU and KSU....OR....win against BU/KSU but lose this one?

I think if you asked me two weeks ago, I’d take the TT win in sacrificing those two losses.
2 big 12 wins are better than 1.

ArgentCy

Jan 13, 2010
Man, 5 of 22 from 3. Haliburton with only 2 points and we only played 7 guys. And fouls in the second half at like 10 to 3 at one point and we still won. Thank you Texas Tech for not making much of anything.

jdoggivjc

Sep 27, 2006
Macomb, MI

Wins against #5 KU and at #8 TT >>>>>>>>>> losses to Baylor and K-State

Pretty sure we overreacted to both losses - Baylor being a letdown after the KU win; K-State after leading the whole game. But neither of those losses are going to hurt us come tourney time - not even in terms of trying to play in Des Moines - if this team gets it's **** together with this win and plays like a Sweet 16 team the rest of the season. K-State is a solid tourney team and Baylor is a bubble-to-probably NIT team.

Cyder91

Jul 19, 2018
finally.......thought we forgot how to close out a game until Shayok remembered. Now we're going to be the Big 12 season champions, Big 12 tournament champs and final 4!

CycloneRulzzz

Gameday Guru
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jul 13, 2008
Nevada, IA
DxFbFA4UUAAn3rk.jpg

ISUTex

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 25, 2012
Rural U.S.A.
What if I told you winning on the road against a top 10 team because you recruited a ton of talent, whilst overcoming a short handed roster to build chemistry early is in fact....Phenomenal coaching.

Add another W to Prohm's already school leading record vs top 10 teams.

What if I were to tell you that that same exact coach has no idea how to write up an inbounds play????? Go Cyclones. Great win!!