*** Official IOWA STATE vs #4 TCU Game(Day) Thread ***

Cyrealist

Sep 25, 2013
I don't think this one is as hard to take as that KSU game.
I don't think Campbell is done but a change in the offensive staff is justified based on performance and is essential to give the players and fans reason to hope.
Yep. Route trees need something. Loosing the formations and plays part of the equation
Someone needs to tell our receivers the objective isn't to run down the field holding hands with the DB's. The goal is to get separation.

joefrog

Apr 29, 2008
Clive, Iowa
You need to hibernate with your brethren for the winter or better yet forever. Big news….you are not right. IMO the OL and OC need a change not the Head Coach.
Well what if old Matty MAC doesn't make those changes?

You ready for that?

You want more false starts, missed FGs, botched returns, and false starts?

Because that is what you're gonna get. GUARANTEED.

• Winner
Reactions: SpringCreekCY

madguy30

Nov 15, 2011
More what?

How much do you need to see before you realize this entire staff is incompetent in 2 out of 3 phases of the game?

If some changes are made and ISU gets to a bowl next year I'd guess that's not too bad.

If things get worse then you can submit your list of replacements that will surely come to Ames.

cyclonehomer

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 2, 2019
Amazing group on here. Just this year people were freaking out that Nebraska was going to hire Campbell now we are questioning he should be our coach? lol.

1) Campbell will be our coach next year.
2) Campbell will at least get rid of Myers (should be demoting Manning but probably won’t).
3) If at least #2 doesn’t happen, Campbell’s seat is hot for 2024 if we have another dud of a season in 2023.

The guy took us to our first and only Big 12 Championship and won our only New Years 6 game. Also owns the highest winning conference record in school history. We owe it to him to make the staff changes. If he is to stubborn to make needed changes then his seat starts to get warm.
Completely agree. I think moving on from Manning is his best path towards righting the ship, but I'm not holding my breath. I'd love to see someone brought in with no ties to Campbell and be given the reigns on offense, especially if they understand the point of offense/football is to score more points and not play "complimentary football".

Myers being around next year would be truly shocking and concerning though.

Reactions: GoodyISU1

cyclone1209

Nov 5, 2010
Denver
I don't think Campbell is done but a change in the offensive staff is justified based on performance and is essential to give the players and fans reason to hope.

Someone needs to tell our receivers the objective isn't to run down the field holding hands with the DB's. The goal is to get separation.
We're down by 40, and the third down playcall is letting Jaylin Noel do a WR pass?

I mean, lol. Can only shake my head.

Reactions: legi

quasistellar

Feb 29, 2016
One thing I have gotten extraordinarily tired of hearing is that "this team is close".

They are not close. They are what their record says they are: terrible. Absolutely terrible.

90% of that terribleness is the offense and special teams.

How quickly do we think someone will be getting fired in the offseason?

ZuriCyclone

Nov 10, 2019
Defense was certainly part of it but then you ignoring what Purdy, Hall, Koler, Lazard, Butler, and Montgomery did in spite of awful o-line play, scheme, and play calling.

Did you actually watch the last 6 years, the offense lost multiple close games, with all that talent. The defense used to fight till the end for either Purdy to throw an interception, or sombody to fumble or the special teams to run into each other. The amount of insane close loses attribute to the offense/ special teams.

Those games were not blow out loses , because the defense use to play lights out till the end.

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron