*** Official IOWA STATE vs #4 TCU Game(Day) Thread ***

• After Iowa State won the Big 12, a Cyclone made a wonderful offer to We Will that now increases our match. Now all gifts up to $400,000 between now and the Final 4 will be matched. Please consider giving at We Will Collective.
    This notice can be dismissed using the upper right corner X button.

FallOf81

Oct 24, 2017
And what if he doesn't?

You ready for that conversation?
Ain't my conversation. AD. It's on him now. This is way over Campbell's head. He's got blinders on and needs a shaking. Any older successful coach has stories of being blinded by past success. Sometimes you just need a reset. Works in business too

Pope

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Feb 7, 2015
Mixed emotions right now. Thankful this season will very soon come to a merciful end, but depressed already that I have to wait 9 months for these guys to have a chance to redeem themselves.

madguy30

Nov 15, 2011
I think two things can be true: CMC brought our program to heights it had never previously been, and CMC has now lost whatever momentum had been built from all those years. Can he do it again? I’d like to think so, but it’s going to take a huge change and I’m not sure he’s willing to make it.

What's tough is...what does ISU have to go back to? What was their foundation?

They upgraded the talent and decent teams came out of it. But the program wasn't really defined by much and at ISU, that needed to happen.

Reactions: SpringCreekCY

CySmurf

Jul 14, 2011
This season
yes, having a program the values the football is on the coaches. Programs that don't make so many mistakes have good preparation and coaching, their players don't false start, they don't delay of game and their players don't cough it up a lot.
You know what???
You're not wrong. Just sick for the whole program...Players, coaches, fans...just a very bad year. What choices CMC makes in the off-season may partially define his overall legacy at ISU.