*** Official IOWA STATE Vs #13 West Virginia Game(Day) Thread ***

heitclone

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 21, 2009
Way up there
Yeah, that is kinda what I thought. I had only tuned into a couple of games and didn't really see their pressure. Those teams a couple years back were made up perfectly to run a mean press. Jevon Carter was a monster.

Although, Iowa State has had solid guard play most years and I thought they handled the press pretty well. I'm definitely not upset that we won't see the constant pressure.

Those guards with Carter, Miles, Phillip and Page were just nasty for a couple of years. I remember watching them have a couple nice runs in KC with those guys, every game was a fist fight. That is the group I think of when I hear Press Virginia.

Jkclone15

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 19, 2017
Is it too late to insert Kyle Kempt into the starting lineup?

c.y.c.l.o.n.e.s

Feb 21, 2007
In seeing previous ISU games my thought is the only way ISU wins is if: they shoot out of their minds, somehow don't get killed on the boards (Tshiebwe and Culver are beasts inside), and the refs call the game really tight. WVU isn't the greatest shooting team so ISU should have an advantage at the foul line.

We're playing at West Virginia. You know that won't happen. What will happen is that they will foul us at least 30 times in the first half and the refs will call about 10 of them. Huggins will scream bloody murder on every one of them so the refs will call 15 phantom calls on us to keep thing "even".

• Agree
Reactions: Cyclonepride

EERwax

Nov 27, 2013
Morgantown/Keyser, W. Va.
We're playing at West Virginia. You know that won't happen. What will happen is that they will foul us at least 30 times in the first half and the refs will call about 10 of them. Huggins will scream bloody murder on every one of them so the refs will call 15 phantom calls on us to keep thing "even".
zLead-Huggins-ref.jpg

imrs.php

HUGGINS.CROPPED_t420.jpg

Cyinthenorth

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 29, 2013
Dubuque
It is always baffling to me that the fouls are so even in the box score after games with these guys. Same can be said for Baylor, TTU, K-State etc. Teams like to ugly the game up, and we're always such a finesse team. But of course we're fouling just as much as they are...

BillBrasky4Cy

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 10, 2013
It is always baffling to me that the fouls are so even in the box score after games with these guys. Same can be said for Baylor, TTU, K-State etc. Teams like to ugly the game up, and we're always such a finesse team. But of course we're fouling just as much as they are...

It always catches up to WV in the tournament thought. Once they get a group of officials that isn't used to their style of play it all falls part.

CycloneErik

Jan 31, 2008
Jamerica
rememberingdoria.wordpress.com

It's only fair, with a team as physical as we are.

67CY

Apr 13, 2006
I hope I’m wrong, but not sure we score over 50

madguy30

Nov 15, 2011
That's funny that ESPN guys are talking so much in depth about ISU/WV.

ISUCY23

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 16, 2008
Ames
Man, this show leading into the game is just ripping into the clones lol. Damn.

Final42b

Jan 4, 2009
Ames
We should be able to take a break from the big 12 this year and just play MEAC teams. Of course we lost to one of them too