*** Official IOWA STATE vs #1 North Carolina Game(Day) Thread ***

CyCloned

Oct 18, 2006
Robins, Iowa
When I saw him taking so much aggressiveness on offense I was a little scared, but he has truly improved so much on that end of the court.
I thought that most of his shots were good ones. A couple of them just rimmed out. He definitely looks the part of a post player this year. Vast improvement.

Reactions: ScottyP

CYDJ

Jan 12, 2013
Let's admit one thing. They are not the best team in the country. They have a bunch of players, but they aren't a team yet.
So, I got a ton of dumbs on this one. What I really should have said is pre-season polls are stupid, just having a bunch of 5* players wear your jersey does not make you the best team in the country. HOWEVER, I did fail to remember the composition of the NC roster to see that they had a decent amount of last year's team back. So, maybe they SHOULD be a good team. They just didn't play like it. How about that.

Now, did we have something to do with that. Hell yes. AND we beat them even though we faced a LOT of adversity from the ref's first half shenanigans.

Reactions: isutrevman

AuH2O

Sep 7, 2013
So, I got a ton of dumbs on this one. What I really should have said is pre-season polls are stupid, just having a bunch of 5* players wear your jersey does not make you the best team in the country. HOWEVER, I did fail to remember the composition of the NC roster to see that they had a decent amount of last year's team back. So, maybe they SHOULD be a good team. They just didn't play like it. How about that.

Now, did we have something to do with that. Hell yes. AND we beat them even though we faced a LOT of adversity from the ref's first half shenanigans.
Well, they have everybody back from a final 4 team but they were pretty mediocre until the tournament.

It’s one hell of a win. UNC will end up good, but I don’t think they will be the best team in the country.

Reactions: bosco

CySmurf

Jul 14, 2011
Here's another UNC guy not able to match ISU's intensity tonight. Wake up ol' Roy!

NoCreativity

Nov 12, 2015
Des Moines

Your post would have made much more sense if you used Villanova as an example. A team with a ton of talent that is transitioning a new coach and also missing a couple key players.

I would much rather play them now than in March.

They are similar to Memphis last year, extremely talented team we took down that hadn't gelled yet when we got them in November. Then in March they hit their stride and should have beaten Gonzaga in the NCAA tourney.

Clonehomer

Apr 11, 2006
Walton in mid-season form all ready - I think he just had an Isaac Newton, Muscle Sholes and Grateful Dead reference in the same sentence.

I was actually thinking he was making more sense than normal. He was stoned out of his mind last year in the times I watched his games. He didn't talk about the games at all. At least this game he seems to acknowledge there is a basketball game going on.

• Agree
Reactions: BigCyFan

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron