*** Official IOWA STATE vs #1 North Carolina Game(Day) Thread ***

madguy30

Nov 15, 2011
I don't get it. Really, I don't. In what way does Iowa, in any context - win or lose - have a goddamn thing with how we feel about our Cyclones?

It's as if our happiness is linked in some way to Iowa's performance on the athletic fields. Linked in some way beyond how we relate to our conference rivals.

When I celebrate outstanding Cyclone victories, I'll be damned if I give one thought to how Iowa did that day. Considering Iowa in that circumstance gives it power over how we feel about ourselves.

Just f--king stop it. Please.

I'm usually in this camp but all of that happening at once was pretty great.

Clonehomer

Apr 11, 2006
It's funny you say depth.... The whole game I was worried about anyone in foul trouble fouling out because they would be irreplaceable.

But that seems to be a misguided feeling from years past when we played 7

I like Ward and Watson when they come in. We've seen depth in the past where it was a warm body, but they were a liability. The bench isn't a huge dropoff for us.

alarson

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 15, 2006
Ankeny
I don't get it. Really, I don't. In what way does Iowa, in any context - win or lose - have a goddamn thing with how we feel about our Cyclones?

It's as if our happiness is linked in some way to Iowa's performance on the athletic fields. Linked in some way beyond how we relate to our conference rivals.

When I celebrate outstanding Cyclone victories, I'll be damned if I give one thought to how Iowa did that day. Considering Iowa in that circumstance gives it power over how we feel about ourselves.

Just f--king stop it. Please.

Rivalries are part of being a fan of any team. That usually includes enjoying watching your rival team lose its other games. Its silly to try to act like it doesn't.

singsing

Nov 2, 2007
Yet? Don't they have one of the most returning minutes of any team in the country? If they aren't a team yet when will they be?
Exactly. That's why they're ranked #1. We just beat the #1 ranked team in the nation on a neutral court with a second year coach with a bunch of players with little playing time together. Throw in King at semester.. Holy **** TJ is doing an incredible job. Better than I could have imagined.

madguy30

Nov 15, 2011
When I saw him taking so much aggressiveness on offense I was a little scared, but he has truly improved so much on that end of the court.

I was one wanting a kick out but perhaps it was all a plan get Bacot to do that much more work.

Clonehomer

Apr 11, 2006
So who would you guys rather beat on Sunday, UConn or Alabama?

I haven't seen UCONN play this year. I'd really like to get another game against a team that presses on defense. I feel like we need as much experience as possible before conference play. Cause, regardless of those numbers in front of the opponents right now, it only gets harder come January.