*** Official Iowa State Season Thread ***

• After Iowa State won the Big 12, a Cyclone made a wonderful offer to We Will that now increases our match. Now all gifts up to $400,000 between now and the Final 4 will be matched. Please consider giving at We Will Collective.
    This notice can be dismissed using the upper right corner X button.

CySmurf

Jul 14, 2011
I didn't even watch. I decided to watch my HS girls team play in the state tournament instead.
This ******** in Ames will be over in a couple of weeks and I can have hope once again.

Reactions: agentbear

NWICY

Sep 2, 2012
For the sake of John and Eric alone, JP must get rid of Prohm.

I thought JW did a pretty good job staying upbeat while calling the game. Good thing FB was good because he has had to work really hard this BB season.

cb1030

Oct 6, 2017
On the upside, this is going to be a great opportunity for someone to swoop in and play hero just by making us average again.

I knew it was going to be hard for anyone to come in after Fred left, and for the record I wasn’t a Prohm fan from the start, but even I didn’t see this depth of suck coming.

CyBobby

Oct 18, 2006
Central Iowa
It's like some sort of weird stockholm syndrome as if being bad at bball is necessary to be good at football.
ISU is back in the Earle Bruce era of 24 wins in three years and SUCKING MEGA IN MBB WITH MAYBE A COUPLE OF THOUSAND FANS INSIDE HILTON*...btw I was in attendance for FBI Agent, Lynne Nance's last game.

*I am being generous with my actual attendance count ...

• Agree
Reactions: 67CY

MartyFine

Jul 7, 2009
Warren Co., IA
I don't believe the program has ever lost 20 games for back-to-back seasons.
Gotta salute the ineptitude it takes to hit a target like that.
Maybe we need to bring him back to go for the threepeat. See if he can find a way to go winless for the entire year instead of just the conference season.

Truly a special kind of bad as CW would say...

Clonefan32

Nov 19, 2008
Let's keep it in perspective what is most important here, with that being a late cover by Texas.

Cyinthenorth

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 29, 2013
Dubuque
Let's talk about how awful Texas still is despite the obviously better talent they had last night. Shaka really can't coach his way out of a paper bag either. There were times watching last night where I kept looking at the score and wondered how we weren't absolutely getting our teeth kicked in. Then I remembered who the coach was. I was confused for a minute because he had a large bush on top of his head.

Cyinthenorth

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 29, 2013
Dubuque
Can someone explain to me why Baylor doesn't have to play their makeup games, yet 0-16 Iowa State does, including a game against another abysmal team with no shot at playing deep into March?

heitclone

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 21, 2009
Way up there
Let's talk about how awful Texas still is despite the obviously better talent they had last night. Shaka really can't coach his way out of a paper bag either. There were times watching last night where I kept looking at the score and wondered how we weren't absolutely getting our teeth kicked in. Then I remembered who the coach was. I was confused for a minute because he had a large bush on top of his head.

It easily could've been a 20+ deficit at half time. I think they are pretty salty on defense but offensively, they are more out of sync than we are. They gave us a ton of chances to get back in the game. Shaka is in over his head but I'm actually glad they have had a good year, that only keeps him around longer.

Reactions: Cyinthenorth

Cyinthenorth

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 29, 2013
Dubuque
It easily could've been a 20+ deficit at half time. I think they are pretty salty on defense but offensively, they are more out of sync than we are. They gave us a ton of chances to get back in the game. Shaka is in over his head but I'm actually glad they have had a good year, that only keeps him around longer.
He can recruit and coach defense at least. Offensively yeah, they look lost out there. Our guys were not playing too bad on defense either, they just have a ton more playmakers and athletes than we do. There were times when it seemed like we could have seized momentum last night, but really never got within 8 in the 2nd half. 8 for this team seems absolutely impossible to catch up to. Can't get stops very often, and when they do they don't convert on the other end.

Reactions: cyclonehomer

CycloneErik

Jan 31, 2008
Jamerica
rememberingdoria.wordpress.com

They paced themselves. This happens in a lot of our games.
For most of the game, they did their press as a formality, just being there.
In other words, we didn't get their best shot. They did enough to win and went on their way.

brett108

May 1, 2010
Tulsa, OK
They paced themselves. This happens in a lot of our games.
For most of the game, they did their press as a formality, just being there.
In other words, we didn't get their best shot. They did enough to win and went on their way.
Yep. To be this bad in basketball you need to be many levels below 80% of your opponents, and find ways to lose the other ones. Losses happen in BB. In accordance so do those upset wins. To not manage any of those makes me think of all those times at the end of a HS game where they let the special needs manager come into a game, no one guards him, and he makes that shot. ISU is that kid. But the shot went into the crowd.