*** Official Iowa State Season Thread ***

Tlyon

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Oct 26, 2017
Last night was probably the most fun game to watch all season. I thought Prohm’s halftime adjustments were very good and hats off to him for sticking to his lineup that was working well (Bolton Harris Jackson lands conditt). For a while in the second half Harris really shut down Reaves and Jackson was getting into the passing lanes really well. The first 8 minutes our offense was the best it’s been in a couple years. I do think the refs played a big role in shifting the momentum with a handful of calls in the second half (it feels good to blame the refs again).

Last thing I want to say is hats off to Conditt. He was the one that really turned it around for us with his energy. He was good at rebounding on both sides of the ball and was a smart defender. Plus I think him starting in the second half lit a fire under Solo’s butt as he got going offensively and was better at rebounding.

Last edited:

Cycl1

Mar 14, 2012
North Liberty
We have scored 80 points once. First game of the season.

Our assist leader is averaging 3.9 assists. Third on the team is 1.5 assists. Steyer and jackson are tied for 4th most asissts with 1.0 per game.

Our program has fallen so far the freshman bright spot people want to build around is averaging 3.4 pts, 3.1 reb, and 1.5 assists on 34.5% from the field and 29.4% from 3.

ISUChippewa

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 10, 2006
We have scored 80 points once. First game of the season.

Our assist leader is averaging 3.9 assists. Third on the team is 1.5 assists. Steyer and jackson are tied for 4th most asissts with 1.0 per game.

Our program has fallen so far the freshman bright spot people want to build around is averaging 3.4 pts, 3.1 reb, and 1.5 assists on 34.5% from the field and 29.4% from 3.

And Walker was the lowest rated out of all the recruits for this freshmen class, right? What has happened to Blackwell and Darlingstone?

Reactions: Scott34

Cycl1

Mar 14, 2012
North Liberty
And Walker was the lowest rated out of all the recruits for this freshmen class, right? What has happened to Blackwell and Darlingstone?
Dubar got in for 2 minutes. My guess is one is transferring and they just havent announced it, or hurt. But that is just a guess. Might not be good enough to see the court, and prohm knows he has to win now.

Cat Stevens

Mar 7, 2017

No preseason practice. Limited practice time since. Lost games to covid. No normalcy in their college experience. Season spiraled down right away, so they’re discouraged.

they haven’t had a chance to catch up. The game is still way way too fast for them

heitclone

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 21, 2009
Way up there

Both are playing out of position, Blackwell, IMO, isn't suited to play in Prohm's "system", if you don't have the ability to score 1 on 1, it's tough to be factor in this offense. He is a better fit in a faster system that focuses on ball movement, he has good instincts and plays well when those around him are playing team bball.

I think Walker is similar, he moves the ball well and has knows when the make the extra pass, when he is playing with Rasir and JCL, both stand around 1 on 1 guys, it stymies his offense. We all saw what happened the one half he was allowed to run the show (and what happened the last play of the game when they took the ball out of his hands). The dude has 24 assist in 16 games, 6 came in the one game he was running the point, most/if not all came in the one half he was running things. He'll thrive in a different system.

There is more talent in this fr class than we've seen, it seems like following last year, where we struggled with a small team, the staff focused on measurables like length and athleticism rather than how they would fit into this years team. I really hope we get to see another coaching staff get a crack at this group.