*** Official Iowa State at West Virginia Game (Day) Thread ***

Status
Not open for further replies.

VeloClone

Jan 19, 2010
Brooklyn Park, MN
Staten is not our 3 pt guy. He's got a good short range jumper and can drive past anyone. He is freakishly quick. Eron Harris is one of our 3 pt guys. He's not afraid to throw it up from a long way out.

Yeah, I knew that part. The 5 made 3's on the season was a pretty good clue.

If a guy can't or won't hit it from outside sometimes it is better to take a step or two off of him and dare him to make the long range jumper and give yourself a better chance on the drive. A couple of steps can't neutralize quickness but it can serve to even up the odds a bit.

LLCoolCY

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 28, 2010
Minneapolis

I liked Ejim's three game sample coming into this game too, though I thought Huggy Bear's quote below may do more to determine the game tonight...

Juwan Staten scored a game-high 22 points while Eron Harris added 17. Staten (18.3) and Harris (17.5) are among the conference's top-four scorers with Ejim. Each played 39 minutes against Kansas, and Staten is logging 37.5 per game, but Huggins would like to see some depth emerge against the Cyclones. "The hard part about not having depth is we have to play Staten so long, we have to play Harris so long," Huggins said. "I don't think it affects us in this game, but it may affect us on Monday (against Iowa State)."

Amesboy

Feb 25, 2012
Let's Go Cyclones. WV is out to try and rattle our cages today and Deandre is the target for some heckling fans. Drop 40 on em' Deandre...
WV Mustangs.jpg

SaraV

Staff member
Mar 13, 2012
Sweet. Found out I don't have to work tonight, so I SHOULD be able to watch the entire game.

sadam

Jan 8, 2014
My parents have Mediacom and had to buy seperate package to get ESPNU.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Help Support Us

Become a patron