*** Official Game Thread: Colorado @ ISU ***

sclotz

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 10, 2006
Colorado radio is saying that the clock should not have started until the ball was snapped because of the "dead ball" foul. Of course Colorado fans are going to say that but on a dead ball foul thats true isn't it? The nice thing about Yahoo radio is that with the 8.00 charge you can listen to everything.

CyRocket

Jan 31, 2007
What a weird finish. I thought offensive penalties in the last seconds meant a runoff of the clock?

I thought their should be a 10 second runoff. Maybe that is only in the NFL. Why are we complaining about the fans on field. We just won our second game in a row. Let's celebrate the win and quit complaining about fans expressing their joy. Maybe we can make it a tradition and rush the field after every win.

bos

Legend
Staff member
Apr 10, 2006
Honestly with some of the BS colorado had going for them, they really cant complain about the bs calls going on late for us. It was even. Colorado really just pi**ed this one down their leg.

clonefan98

Apr 12, 2006
Found this on the NCAA 2007 football rules.

http://www.ncaa.org/library/rules/2007/2007_football_rules.pdf

Unfair Game-Clock Tactics​
ARTICLE 3. The referee shall order the game clock started or stopped
whenever either team conserves or consumes playing time by tactics
obviously unfair. This includes starting the clock on the snap if the foul is by
the team ahead in the score. The clock will start on the ready-for-play signal
after an illegal forward or backward pass that conserves time for Team A
(A.R. 3-4-3-I-IV).​

cyfanatic

Oct 18, 2006
Cedar Rapids, Iowa
OK...the version of that play that the Buff fans keep spouting...wouldn't a dead ball penalty be extremely unfair to the defense? All teams would be told to get that penalty at the end of games in order to stop the clock! A delay of game via illegal snap would be used to stop the clock on purpose wouldn't it? The defense made the play on 3rd down so CU would have wanted this stoppage! Even if it was a 5 yard penalty!

atlantacyclone

Sep 29, 2007
Fontvieille Monaco
I don't mind fans doing whatever they want within reason. To show appreciation for the team by rushing the field is not a sin. I'm just frustrated that we have losses to UNI, Toledo and Kent State!

Cyclonepride

Thought Police
Staff member
Apr 11, 2006
A pineapple under the sea
www.oldschoolradical.com
I don't mind fans doing whatever they want within reason. To show appreciation for the team by rushing the field is not a sin. I'm just frustrated that we have losses to UNI, Toledo and Kent State!
Turn those losses into wins, and we're bowl eligible. But that's the way it goes when you installing a completely new system. The kids have picked up on it in a major way late in the season, and I'm just enjoying the hell out of it.

harty83

Nov 15, 2006
Sioux Falls SD
I am waiting for the Buff fans to start blaming Bush, the Illuminati, the Tri-Lateral Commisson, anything except their team getting totally out-played the 2nd half.

atlantacyclone

Sep 29, 2007
Fontvieille Monaco
Kent State is just horrible. Iowa State looks good, has learned how to win in adversity. Its a shame! I can't wait for next season... wish we had Blythe and Bowen for another year!

Harry

Mar 27, 2006
It was not a dead ball foul as the clock was running as they rushed their field goal team out on the field. The clock starts after they mark off the penalty and the ref puts the ball in play.

Clonefan94

Oct 18, 2006
Schaumburg, IL
This is why I don't mind people rushing the field. Look at the kid's faces.

If we are trying to tear down goal posts, that's one thing, but, to rush the field after an emotional win, on the last game of some beloved seniors, really doesn't bother me at all. Heck, when I was in school, we always used to leave the stands by walking onto the field. To be perfectly honest, I'd rather have us rushing the field than walking out at half time. It's great to see excitement in the fans faces this late in the year during a losing season for ISU. I'll take the excitement.

Flag Guy

Mar 2, 2007
Good game. little sad that people rushed but whatever. That 3rd quarter was insane

SilverCyclone

Nov 9, 2006
Fifth Downs Were Made For Coming Back To Go Down In A Blaizing , Amaizing Glory ...

---... Put That In Buffaloes' Bill Pipe And Smoke It... :notworthy:

Last edited:

CloneFan65

Apr 11, 2006
Phoenix, AZ
This sort of thing pisses me off. 21 point comeback, last game for four year starters who had an excellent game, and you still can't celebrate?

It's just that rushing the field used to mean something. Fans would rush the field only after upsetting a Top 10 team. For those of us who grew up with this attitude, rushing the field after beating mediocre teams seems silly to us. I guess we'll just have to accept the fact that rushing the field only means ISU won the game, no matter the opponent. :sad:

mike4cy

Aug 4, 2006
Urbandale
I think after a comeback like that for the last game of the year, Meyer and Blythe were large components of that comeback, I think it was fine for students to rush the field.

Flag Guy

Mar 2, 2007
I think after a comeback like that for the last game of the year, Meyer and Blythe were large components of that comeback, I think it was fine for students to rush the field.

Acutally we got Meyer to come over to the student section insted of celebrating with him on the field :rolleyes: Could have been the body paint... but I doubt it :twitcy:

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron