***OFFICIAL Day 1 Masters Thread***

Cyclonestate78

May 23, 2008
YE Yang is torching the final stretch of Augusta National. He has gone eagle, par, birdie, birdie on 13,14,15, and 16 to tie McIlroy for the lead at -7. :th_Jttesur:

CyBobby

Oct 18, 2006
Central Iowa
Tiger plus one through 16, better than Henrik Stenson at 7 over through four.

Golf Scores - CBSSports.com

Yeah at least one euro was doing BAD...good for stenson...

What I saw of tiger woodie... well lets just say "Good old tiger couldnt make a putt to save his Fat A?? (there i fixed it for you)....

I picked Phil the Thrill to win so I hope that Phil goes LOW TODAY....

and gets back into this first major of the year....

It sucks to see the americans doing so poorly early on but oh well 3 days left...anything can and usually does happen.

erikbj

Aug 31, 2006
hiawatha, ia
Thank you Phil for having the best short game in the world. Your driving sucks today.

well that is what happens when you put in a 5.9 degree and 47 inch driver. Pretty hard to hit it straight.

Phil would probably be 3 or 4 strokes better if he just hit his regualr driver.

As for Rory, I love the kid he is going to be special. However he had the nice lead last year in the Open after day 1 and shot 80 the next day, the weather today should be better for him, but we will see how he handles the pressure. I am rooting for him though!

guitarchitect7

Oct 8, 2006
www.chrisboeke.com
I actually thought Tiger looked pretty good, compared to what he's been doing this past year. His approach shots were off (long on 11, bunker on 12, short and right on 13), but his putting has actually been working for him. He's made some 8' for birdies and par to stay in this thing.

Even saying that, McIlroy was a beast. He put the ball where it needed to be just about every time. Solid putting to close the holes out. Very smart golf.