MLB: ***Official Cubs 2018-19 Offseason Thread***

CYdTracked

Mar 23, 2006
Grimes, IA
Meh, not an earth shattering signing but not surprising given how cheap they have been this offseason. 32 year old reliever with a 1.60 WHIP and 28 walks last year, should fit right in with some of the other guys in the bullpen who have issues with walks too. To his credit though he does have a career ERA of 3.08 and 1.27 WHIP over 424 career appearances. Middle relievers are such a crapshoot, they can be rock stars 1 year then stink up the joint the next. Look how good Duensing was in 2017 then just fell apart last season. Everyone loved how good Chavez was after the trade but he owns a career 4.45 ERA and before last season the last time he had a season ERA under 4 was 2014 so chances are he was not going to duplicate what he did for the Cubs down the stretch.

Jan 8, 2019
I know I'm a few days late on this but Cub fans, I hope you don't get too offended if Hicks has some 105 MPH chin music to Chris Cryant. If he keeps talking down to the 11 time World Series Champions, him and Norris may send a message and pop him in the ribs. Just a little bit of karma, be careful.

cyfanatic13

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 19, 2008
I know I'm a few days late on this but Cub fans, I hope you don't get too offended if Hicks has some 105 MPH chin music to Chris Cryant. If he keeps talking down to the 11 time World Series Champions, him and Norris may send a message and pop him in the ribs. Just a little bit of karma, be careful.
Any doubt that this was Bode just immediately went away. Chris Cryant is a weak one though. You've been better.

chuckd4735

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 29, 2006
Indianola
Bryant will take it like a man, walk to first, watch Rizzo hit it out, and slowly stroll around the bases.

Also, St Louis is ******* boring.

CYdTracked

Mar 23, 2006
Grimes, IA
Reading from here:
https://www.chicagotribune.com/spor...t-cubs-brad-brach-bullpen-20190124-story.html

Strop
Cishek
Kintzler
Brach
Morrow (eventually, probably, or maybe)
Edwards
Montgomery
Duensing
And, brace ourselves, Chatwood

You forgot Rizzo too! LOL. Rosario and Maples will probably get a chance in spring training too and I think there are some other reclamation projects/minor league contract types they signed too. That bunch probably is not going to intimidate too many lineups. Strop, Cishek, and Monty are really the only consistent arms in that bunch you can count on and Morrow if he can stay healthy. I've pretty much given up on Edwards, he looks great some outings then other times he is a gas can being poured on a dumpster fire.

CycloneErik

Jan 31, 2008
Jamerica
rememberingdoria.wordpress.com
You forgot Rizzo too! LOL. Rosario and Maples will probably get a chance in spring training too and I think there are some other reclamation projects/minor league contract types they signed too. That bunch probably is not going to intimidate too many lineups. Strop, Cishek, and Monty are really the only consistent arms in that bunch you can count on and Morrow if he can stay healthy. I've pretty much given up on Edwards, he looks great some outings then other times he is a gas can being poured on a dumpster fire.

Is there a list somewhere of guys who've had Tommy John surgery in the last couple years?
We seem to target those guys.

• Agree
Reactions: CYdTracked

VeloClone

Jan 19, 2010
Brooklyn Park, MN
The sad thing is that that organization is just the one to take a stupid little thing like this and use it as a reason to actually pitch at someone.

There is a reason a lot of players think twice about going to an organization with that mindset. They want to be on a team where it is a little bit of fun to do what they do for 162+ games a year rather than desperately searching for a reason to be angry every day at the ball park.

• Agree
Reactions: cyLKUIF

KnappShack

May 26, 2008
Parts Unknown
Not sure why a guy like Adam Wainwright would get all fired up about comments about St Louis

Guy is from Georgia and pulling down over $19 mil. Not sure he would give two ***** about a ****** river town

ClonesTwenty1

May 23, 2018
Not sure why a guy like Adam Wainwright would get all fired up about comments about St Louis

Guy is from Georgia and pulling down over $19 mil. Not sure he would give two ***** about a ****** river town
Wainwright needs to retire. That dude has been awful the last few years.

• Agree
Reactions: cmjh10

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron