****Official Class of 2022 Recruiting Thread****

CyPunch

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 3, 2019
Sandy Springs, GA
I mean I think we are positioned well with Black. Don't mean we will get him but we are getting a visit, which in my book means he is not out of our league.

As good as we can do, sure. Exciting to get him on campus but he's a pretty big long shot with those offers. Literally one of the hottest prospects in the country.

• Agree
Reactions: Halincandenza

Rural

Feb 3, 2010
We have some background with him, all you can ask for in this case.

Gibbon

Aug 20, 2013
Ames
With a couple really good recruits taking their official visits to Ames the last couple weeks, I wonder where they stand (Watson, Black, Karaban) priority-wise on Iowa State's recruiting big board. Seems like the buzz around Karaban has quieted lately.

• Agree
Reactions: Acylum and JVAR

t-noah

Feb 2, 2007

Hope his visit went well! Like the pic here also, family and all? But also the Cyclone Basketball banner in the background and the "STATE" centered right above the basket! Pretty cool from a photography point of view.

cyfan92

Sep 20, 2011
Augusta National Golf Club
With a couple really good recruits taking their official visits to Ames the last couple weeks, I wonder where they stand (Watson, Black, Karaban) priority-wise on Iowa State's recruiting big board. Seems like the buzz around Karaban has quieted lately.

I think that momentum stopped when he transferred to IMG for his senior season

Drew0311

Nov 7, 2019
Norwalk, Iowa
I think that momentum stopped when he transferred to IMG for his senior season

I think the staff is more into other players. Players that are just as good or better but we don’t have to go
To the East Coast to get them. Something Prohm didn’t think through

allfourcy

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 26, 2012

Agree on the quiet around Karaban. Just saw a tweet of the many unofficials and/or official visits he will have taken and yet to take. No mention of us. Had he already visited ISU? I've forgotten. If he hasn't, do we know if we backed off due to roster space or other priority targets? Or did he show less interest?

Gunnerclone

Jul 16, 2010
DSM
Agree on the quiet around Karaban. Just saw a tweet of the many unofficials and/or official visits he will have taken and yet to take. No mention of us. Had he already visited ISU? I've forgotten. If he hasn't, do we know if we backed off due to roster space or other priority targets? Or did he show less interest?

No inside info but really feels like either he or us have moved on (or both), but that could change again.

LLCoolCY

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 28, 2010
Minneapolis
No inside info but really feels like either he or us have moved on (or both), but that could change again.

No Mention of ISU... never count TJ out but ISU seem less likely every visit he has had.

• Agree
Reactions: Messi

cyfan92

Sep 20, 2011
Augusta National Golf Club
Seems like the Karaban attention has shifted to Anthony Black (Milwaukee connection) and Demarion Watson (Coach Green connection)

Unsure with the COVID super seniors but I think we have one spot open for the class of 2022. Then you can expect a couple transfers. Maybe three more guys, already set at PG (Unless Hunter goes pro). Need a big in the class and then some wing/stretch players which is exactly what Black and Watson are

• Informative
Reactions: t-noah

baagoe

Mar 27, 2015
Maybe I’m being overly optimistic but I feel like the lack of Karaban/ISU talk could be due to us feeling good about where we’re at with Watson

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron