****Official Class of 2022 Recruiting Thread****

t-noah

Feb 2, 2007

His interest, not ISU's interest. And they haven't offered yet. But if he starts getting serious offers from the Zags and Kentucky etc, he isn't going to ISU.
ISU has shown ability to put players into the NBA. TJ is showing some serious recruiting chops, getting good players. Player can play in one of best conferences. If the player likes TJ and ISU, no reason really to not believe he could come here. Baylor I guess also very strong chance with Black.
I mean, Tyrese Hunter just signed with ISU and is much higher ranked thant Black. TJ re-recruited him to keep his commitment in a month. no reason to say a player won't come to ISU due to a KU/UK type offer.
The staff will have a good feel after his visit in his interest and we'll know if he's a legit possibility later this summer.
Agree.

Can you imagine getting Black and either Watson say, or Karaban? Tingley!

t-noah

Feb 2, 2007
Can you imagine getting Black and either Watson say, or Karaban? Tingley!
I know this is overly optimistic! We might have a greater chance to not land any of these three.
Edit: It's fun to dream though!

t-noah

Feb 2, 2007
Would you say probably Watson is our best chance out of the four?
Watson loves TJ FWIW
Nothing is off the table w TJ imo.
Based on CyTwins post above I would say we might have as good a chance or better, as anyone. Don't know yet, his name just popped up here so.

I'll let someone else answer who may know more, and also a little more about him. Sounds like he could be a really good prospect. Someone else said he's up to 6-8 now! Sometimes those players with the later growth spurts can be really good ball handlers for their height also!

usedcarguy

Apr 12, 2008
Ames
I hope you don't think I was just calling you out. With Gonzaga's success that is going to be a really tough hill to climb if they offer and put effort in. If Gonzaga makes him a priority I think they win 95% of the time over teams like Iowa State.

IMO it's all in what a kid is looking for. I think we lose sight of the fact that some want to stay closer to home, some want to get as far away from home as possible, some have a certain degree path, and some just like the city/campus vibe.

All of those things play a role, along with how well they feel they can jell with the staff and of course the direction of the program. Places like Gonzaga can't offer everything to everybody or win them all. All we have to do is put ourselves out there and be competitive and we will win our fair share of the battles.

CyPunch

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 3, 2019
Sandy Springs, GA
A great earlyish eval by the staff and impressive to get him on campus but Anthony Black is likely going to be out of our league. He's an out of region player who is going to catapult from a top 75 guy to more like a top 25 guy with offers from just about everybody (Duke, Texas, Baylor, etc).

The good news is we do seem well positioned for Demarion Watson. He's a likely top 100 guy in an area where our staff has shown early success in. There also seems to be the benefit of a long-standing relationship with Kyle Green as well as a relationship with our current commits. Have to like where we sit here with an official coming at the end of this week.

Another benefit to potentially landing Watson would be his connection to his 2023 high school teammate Taison Chatman.. https://247sports.com/player/taison-chatman-46103053/

Last edited:

Drew0311

Nov 7, 2019
Norwalk, Iowa
A great earlyish eval by the staff and impressive to get him on campus but Anthony Black is likely going to be out of our league. He's an out of region player who is going to catapult from a top 75 guy to more like a top 25 guy with offers from just about everybody (Duke, Texas, Baylor, etc).

The good news is we do seem well positioned for Demarion Watson, however. He's a likely top 100 guy in an area where our staff has shown early success in. There also seems to be the benefit of a long-standing relationship with Kyle Green as well as a relationship with our current commits. Have to like where we sit here with an official coming at the end of this week.

Another benefit to potentially landing Watson would be his connection to his 2023 high school teammate Taison Chatman.. https://247sports.com/player/taison-chatman-46103053/

I mean I think we are positioned well with Black. Don't mean we will get him but we are getting a visit, which in my book means he is not out of our league.

LLCoolCY

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 28, 2010
Minneapolis
I mean I think we are positioned well with Black. Don't mean we will get him but we are getting a visit, which in my book means he is not out of our league.

Totally agree. Black taking an official already puts ISU in a good position and the staff has long standing relationship with his family. Getting a Duke offer can change plans for some players but not for all. Black may not have his head turned especially since Coach K won't be his coach. I have a feeling we'll get a better idea after the visit on the potential of Black becoming a Cyclone. Expectations can be tempered but ISU is still a legit possibility.

Reactions: t-noah

Help Support Us

Become a patron