****Official Class of 2022 Recruiting Thread****

• After Iowa State won the Big 12, a Cyclone made a wonderful offer to We Will that now increases our match. Now all gifts up to $400,000 between now and the Final 4 will be matched. Please consider giving at We Will Collective.
    This notice can be dismissed using the upper right corner X button.

LLCoolCY

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 28, 2010
Minneapolis
Lipsey update on 3 schools

https://www.zagsblog.com/2020/06/17/2022-point-guard-tamin-lipsey-breaks-down-three-offers/

Iowa State: “I live in Ames and Iowa State is right there so I’ve always grown up watching them and stuff. It’s my hometown. They’ve always had pretty good point guards. Their latest great point guards were Tyrese Haliburton, who’s going to be in the draft this year and Monte Morris, who’s on the Denver Nuggets. I really looked up to them and Iowa State always seems to have those good point guards which is my position, so that’s their main pitch really for me.”
Nebraska: “Coach Fred Hoidberg, I’ve known him for a while. He used to coach at Iowa State and I played AAU with his two sons. I’ve known him for a long time. We have a good relationship and I know how great of a coach he is. He has experience in the NBA now. I know that last year was his first year and they’re just trying to build that team back up, get them better and they’re probably going to keep getting better each year.
Minnesota: “They really reached out this spring. I’ve watched them. They’re not too far from where I live, just a few hours. I know their coaching staff is amazing. I like the style of play they have, so they have a lot to offer too.”

baagoe

Mar 27, 2015

we weren’t recruiting him but a lot of people follow recruiting in general on here so

LLCoolCY

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 28, 2010
Minneapolis

we weren’t recruiting him but a lot of people follow recruiting in general on here so

Makes sense, from the area and Izzo can recruit... though I am very skeptical he actually plays for the Spartans. He'd be the number 1 pick this year if available.

LLCoolCY

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 28, 2010
Minneapolis
Snow's list of 2022 guys who have improved their early stock.

Name: Joe Hurlburt
Position: Center
Schools Involved: Colorado, Iowa, Minnesota, Indiana, Ohio State, Stanford, Arizona, Iowa State, Wisconsin, Marquette, Oregon, Oregon State, Purdue, Virginia, Butler

Hailing from the state of North Dakota, Hurlburt is an impressive prospect that not many knew about a few months ago. He looks every bit of 6-foot-10, and has athleticism, skill, and plays hard. On film it is tough to completely evaluate him because of the lack of quality competition, but the size and athleticism absolutely jump out.
Hurlburt is an easy high-major target, with a chance to see his recruitment jump to the blueblood level. He has everything you want in a modern big man, and is just beginning to scratch the surface of how good he can be.

https://247sports.com/college/baske...irginia-UCLA-rankings-148970834/#148970834_10

Drew0311

Nov 7, 2019
Norwalk, Iowa
Snow's list of 2022 guys who have improved their early stock.

Name: Joe Hurlburt
Position: Center
Schools Involved: Colorado, Iowa, Minnesota, Indiana, Ohio State, Stanford, Arizona, Iowa State, Wisconsin, Marquette, Oregon, Oregon State, Purdue, Virginia, Butler

Hailing from the state of North Dakota, Hurlburt is an impressive prospect that not many knew about a few months ago. He looks every bit of 6-foot-10, and has athleticism, skill, and plays hard. On film it is tough to completely evaluate him because of the lack of quality competition, but the size and athleticism absolutely jump out.
Hurlburt is an easy high-major target, with a chance to see his recruitment jump to the blueblood level. He has everything you want in a modern big man, and is just beginning to scratch the surface of how good he can be.

https://247sports.com/college/baske...irginia-UCLA-rankings-148970834/#148970834_10

Would be a nice get. However, just based off looking at his picture. Iowa has to be in the lead.

Jun 16, 2020
www.isucyclonesports.com
Thanks to CyPunch, Duach has been added to the Cyclone Basketball Recruiting Targets class of 2022 Article. The Australian also has the option to re classify to the class of 2021. Bradley and South Alabama are also interested.

LLCoolCY

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 28, 2010
Minneapolis
Sounds like the Staff has made an impression with Will.

Iowa State: “They offered me a week or two ago. We had a zoom call and they offered. I didn’t know a ton about them before the call. I didn’t realize how good they have been. The school is amazing. I was just shocked to see how good they’ve been over the years. They showed me clips of how their post players play and it is exactly how I play.”

RIVALS REACTION
It’s obviously early in the process for most prospects in the 2022 class and the ongoing dead period due to the pandemic hasn’t exactly helped to expedite the process for them. But Shaver has used zoom calls as a tool to begin learning more about the schools and coaching staffs recruiting him.

There is always pressure for prospects in Alabama to stay home and play for one of the two SEC schools in the state, but Shaver said while those options are intriguing, he’s not going to let peer pressure dictate his decision. Along with Alabama and Auburn, look for Iowa State to remain a player in his recruitment going forward. Steve Prohm’s staff really impressed him on their recent zoom call and he sees a fit with how he would translate to their program on the court. Don’t be surprised to see Shaver’s list expand over the next year.

https://basketballrecruiting.rivals.com/news/will-shaver-earning-looks-from-sec-acc-and-more

LLCoolCY

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 28, 2010
Minneapolis
Update from Gradey D.

https://n.rivals.com/news/top-35-ranked-gradey-****-in-no-rush

“ Iowa State: "That was my first visit. We went up to visit family but had a great time because we were able to stop by in Ames and visit their staff. It was cool because that was my first visit so seeing everything for the first time was an amazing experience."

Reactions: Snydes