****Official Class of 2019 Recruiting Thread****

Thompsonclone

Dec 13, 2008
Ames
serious question, what will the mindset of fans be if ISU goes 0-3 on HS kids and does not add a grad transfer?

Also got me thinking, next year might kinda be a weird roster with some players with a good amount of experience but then a big drop off

total D1 minutes played
2508 - Nixon
2243 - Jacobson
1259 - Young
1163 - Haliburton
499 - Lewis
209 Conditt
112 - Griffin
0 - Leech
0 - Anderson
0 - Jackson
You’ll have the fans that will stay positive no matter what, you’ll have fans that aren’t concerned but aren’t quite confident either, and then you’ll have fans that are completely writing them off and already predicted a last place finish.

• Agree
Reactions: Messi

Clones1992

Mar 7, 2019
Tcu or SMU not in the picture?

If you had 1 year of eligibility left would you go to the worst team in the Big 12 whose coach is trying to leave, an average team in the AAC or the reigning Big 12 champs and national runner ups who have proven they can have success with grad transfers?

Admon wants to be near his daughter while also winning his senior year and putting himself in a position to be successful and drafted next summer.

It’s Tech or Gonzaga and I’d be surprised if he left the state

Messi

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 25, 2011
Cedar Rapids
If you had 1 year of eligibility left would you go to the worst team in the Big 12 whose coach is trying to leave, an average team in the AAC or the reigning Big 12 champs and national runner ups who have proven they can have success with grad transfers?

Admon wants to be near his daughter while also winning his senior year and putting himself in a position to be successful and drafted next summer.

Very good points.

TheHelgo

Mar 20, 2006
It's amazing how fast fortunes can change with a program. All of a sudden, Tech is making a deep run, getting high level recruits, and paying their coach KU money. Who would have thought that 3 years ago? They went from being a moderate at best threat in recruiting battles, to cleaning up.

FinalFourCy

Mar 5, 2017

Beard has TT rolling.
I was hoping they’d run out of room before landing both Admon and Nadolny, but Beard knows he can make room if a guy like Holyfield also wants in.

huntt26

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 10, 2006
po' dUnk
It's amazing how fast fortunes can change with a program. All of a sudden, Tech is making a deep run, getting high level recruits, and paying their coach KU money. Who would have thought that 3 years ago? They went from being a moderate at best threat in recruiting battles, to cleaning up.

Agreed. I'm super jealous we couldn't capitalize. I'm proud of our success but those Niang or Morris teams should have gone further than they did in the NCAAs.

Sigmapolis

Minister of Economy
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 10, 2011
Waukee

Remember when they were the butt of all the jokes?

They hit rock bottom. Now look at them.

• Funny
Reactions: ChickenNuggetMan

FinalFourCy

Mar 5, 2017
They have room for both, but I think Holyfield ends up at KU.

Tech has another grad transfer big from Vandy on campus right now
Adidas is not a good look, but it pays the bills. At least at KU his addition is somewhat marginal with KU already having Doke, McCormack, Lightfoot, and possibly SDS.

TT will find a forward this spring. That’s what top programs do. Brooks from Cincinnati is a possibility.

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron