****Official Class of 2018 Recruiting Thread****

Hayes30

Jun 20, 2011
2 years ago ISU recruited Bowie in February and took his commitment knowing they’d have a spot open

https://cyclonefanatic.com/forum/threads/recruiting-isu-in-contact-w-grad-transfer.215392/

Maybe prohm knows someone is leaving but doesn’t want to accept Harris’ commitment so it doesn’t serve as a distraction.

ISU has had at least 1 player transfer out of the program every year since 2004. I don’t anticipate 2018 being any different.
Who was the transfer this past off season

• Funny
Reactions: djsevcik

MartinCy

Jul 12, 2016
Kansas City, MO
Actually I think TH may have a school in mind and be close to a decision. His last interview I saw said Harris had some interest in new teams and was looking to take a visit to Tennessee but wasn't sure if he'd be taking a 5th visit.
Speculation on my part is if he was really interested in Tennessee that visit could have happened any time and not sure about taking a 5th OV indicate that he has a lean to me. It would make a lot of sense if it was ISU considering the relationship over the summer but he is waiting to see if a scholarship opens up.

Huh, we might be thinking of the same article I guess I just figured nothing seemed imminent. I think you're right about Tennessee... It's been almost a month since Harris said that and I don't believe that visit has happened. Really anxious to see where he ends up though!

LLCoolCY

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 28, 2010
Minneapolis
Update with Tyler. Sounds like Tenn and Memphis are the current favorites but he does speak glowingly of ISU.
https://basketballrecruiting.rivals...ur-star-tyler-harris-considering-fourth-visit

Iowa State: "That was my first official visit and it went great. They have a great fanbase and the coaching staff is great. I have a really good relationship with them and I like their style of play. The players made me feel like I was already part of the team, they kind of took me under their wing. Lindell Wigginton, if he doesn't go to the NBA I feel like me and him could be a tough backcourt together."

isutrevman

Jan 30, 2007
Ames, IA
Update with Tyler. Sounds like Tenn and Memphis are the current favorites but he does speak glowingly of ISU.
https://basketballrecruiting.rivals...ur-star-tyler-harris-considering-fourth-visit

Iowa State: "That was my first official visit and it went great. They have a great fanbase and the coaching staff is great. I have a really good relationship with them and I like their style of play. The players made me feel like I was already part of the team, they kind of took me under their wing. Lindell Wigginton, if he doesn't go to the NBA I feel like me and him could be a tough backcourt together."
I still think if he wanted to go to Memphis or Tennessee he would have already

LLCoolCY

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 28, 2010
Minneapolis
I still think if he wanted to go to Memphis or Tennessee he would have already

I had the same thought but Tennessee could be a solid threat as a landing spot. Barnes could always recruit and turned them into a respectable program in 2 years. I don't think I anticipated having said that last summer when they weren't on TH's radar.

Another possibility is he knows he is leaving the state and doesn't want to disappoint fans of the Tigers/Vols during his senior year. Memphis fans in particular follow recruiting closely and take pride in keeping home town kids in the city. I know it is one of the issues the alumni are having with Tubby right now.

Cyclonepride

Thought Police
Staff member
Apr 11, 2006
A pineapple under the sea
www.oldschoolradical.com
I had the same thought but Tennessee could be a solid threat as a landing spot. Barnes could always recruit and turned them into a respectable program in 2 years. I don't think I anticipated having said that last summer when they weren't on TH's radar.

Another possibility is he knows he is leaving the state and doesn't want to disappoint fans of the Tigers/Vols during his senior year. Memphis fans in particular follow recruiting closely and take pride in keeping home town kids in the city. I know it is one of the issues the alumni are having with Tubby right now.

So do Illinois fans ;)

Reactions: CyTwins

srjclone

Nov 17, 2014
Downtown Minneapolis
2 things out of Simeon that have something (somewhat) to do with Iowa State

Memphis just offered Xavier Pinson out of Simeon, and seemingly show that they don't feel great about their spot with Tyler Harris (somewhat knew this but more confirmation)

And The McDonalds All American game is selecting it's final squads this afternoon at 2 :)

Nader_uggghhh

Jul 11, 2017

Memphis just offered Xavier Pinson out of Simeon, and seemingly show that they don't feel great about their spot with Tyler Harris (somewhat knew this but more confirmation)

And The McDonalds All American game is selecting it's final squads this afternoon at 2 :)

It's cool to see Xavier Pinson finally getting some offers. That kid has a giant brass pair and is gonna be really good when he puts on some muscle.

srjclone

Nov 17, 2014
Downtown Minneapolis
It's cool to see Xavier Pinson finally getting some offers. That kid has a giant brass pair and is gonna be really good when he puts on some muscle.
I love his game. We should keep an eye on that kid cause if he goes to a mid-major, I think he could be a good transfer option later in his career. But I have a feeling he ends up in the Big East

Reactions: Nader_uggghhh

allfourcy

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 26, 2012

While there is a twitter campaign saying THT belongs in the McDAAG, for those of you that know how it works, he really doesn't have a chance to make the top 24, does he? Be cool if he did.

ForbinsAscynt

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 8, 2014
I'm guessing THT ends up not in the McD's AA game but its cool he has a shot at it. I haven't looked in year past but I am guessing they don't release the names of the ones that just missed, is that right?

MartinCy

Jul 12, 2016
Kansas City, MO
While there is a twitter campaign saying THT belongs in the McDAAG, for those of you that know how it works, he really doesn't have a chance to make the top 24, does he? Be cool if he did.

Don't really have any insight on how it works but I'm guessing the fact that he attends a prestigious basketball school doesn't hurt. However, looking at last year's roster, about 90% of those selected are consensus 5 star prospects. THT has received plenty of exposure this season with Simeon's schedule but I doubt he gets picked.

Last edited:

allfourcy

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 26, 2012
I'm guessing THT ends up not in the McD's AA game but its cool he has a shot at it. I haven't looked in year past but I am guessing they don't release the names of the ones that just missed, is that right?

Kinda cruel to release a 'just missed' list wouldn't it?

ForbinsAscynt

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 8, 2014
Kinda cruel to release a 'just missed' list wouldn't it?
Well if I am understanding this right, this is voted on by a committee. Would be similar to others receiving votes in the top 25. And no I don't think it would be cruel. For some it would be an honor for others it would be fuel to get better.

allfourcy

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 26, 2012
Well if I am understanding this right, this is voted on by a committee. Would be similar to others receiving votes in the top 25. And no I don't think it would be cruel. For some it would be an honor for others it would be fuel to get better.

Good point.

Help Support Us

Become a patron