*** Official Cincinnati Vs #19 IOWA STATE Game(Day) Thread ***

awd4cy

Dec 29, 2010
Central Iowa
No good college basketball games tonight other than ours. On ESPN in front of a sold out crowd. Should be a great atmosphere and an opportunity to show out for the rest of the country. They were promoting the hell out of it last night during the B10/ACC games. Most broadcasts would then talk about ISU and Hilton for awhile. Always good to get that publicity and establish ISU as a serious player.
They sure did, and they have all definitely taken note of Deonte Burton.

Reactions: SolarGarlic

Sigmapolis

Minister of Economy
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 10, 2011
Waukee
So who is our next "good non-con" home-and-home with...?

We had Michigan there, then Cincinnati, who is next?

Does Mizzou really count when they suck so hard?

I like having at least one good program on a home-and-home with us at any given time, opposite of Iowa, so we get at least one good "true road" test -- not Hilton, not a neutral site one-off or tournament -- before heading into the Big 12, either with the "other" under discussion here or with Iowa in Iowa City, which is never easy as a rivalry game.

When we are going to get nine of them.

Does not hurt the RPI, either, to get either a "great win" or a "good loss" here, too.

Granted, I do not want *too* many of those, but I think one is absolutely necessary to really give the team a taste of what that grind is going to be like.

srjclone

Nov 17, 2014
Downtown Minneapolis
So who is our next "good non-con" home-and-home with...?

We had Michigan there, then Cincinnati, who is next?

Does Mizzou really count when they suck so hard?

I like having at least one good program on a home-and-home with us at any given time, opposite of Iowa, so we get at least one good "true road" test -- not Hilton, not a neutral site one-off or tournament -- before heading into the Big 12, either with the "other" under discussion here or with Iowa in Iowa City, which is never easy as a rivalry game.

When we are going to get nine of them.

Does not hurt the RPI, either, to get either a "great win" or a "good loss" here, too.

Granted, I do not want *too* many of those, but I think one is absolutely necessary to really give the team a taste of what that grind is going to be like.
Looking like Mizzou is our "P5" home-and-home. I would like to see them add another, although we don't usually do that with our scheduling. I think a Creighton/Wichita St/Gonzaga would be a lot of fun, only thing about that is the rest of the nation would perceive it as a lose-lose for us, we win we beat a high mid-major, we lose, we lost to a mid major. Cincy is a great median of what you want in a Non-Con opponent. Nationally relevant and pushing for (if not in) top-25 every year, but in no way unbeatable.

Sigmapolis

Minister of Economy
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 10, 2011
Waukee
Looking like Mizzou is our "P5" home-and-home. I would like to see them add another, although we don't usually do that with our scheduling. I think a Creighton/Wichita St/Gonzaga would be a lot of fun, only thing about that is the rest of the nation would perceive it as a lose-lose for us, we win we beat a high mid-major, we lose, we lost to a mid major. Cincy is a great median of what you want in a Non-Con opponent. Nationally relevant and pushing for (if not in) top-25 every year, but in no way unbeatable.

Not to shameful if you lose to them, too.

Big East and American teams are basically high-major, as well.

I would love for us to be the ones who "man up" and given WSU a shot at a high-major opponent, either in Ames or Wichita or even a neutral one-off in Kansas City.

Their national perception is high enough I doubt it hurts you much if you lose.

The entire universe might explode if we schedule ANOTHER grudge match with Creighton, however. I think we all know how that ended.

Are you not entertained?

I-stateTheTruth

Nov 13, 2016
I like Creighton as a future opponent, too. Butler would be a good challenge. And I'd rather see the lower half of the Big10 such as Minnesota and Iowa, than the usual cupcakes in NOV.

Reactions: CycloneErik

ILiftWithRoyce

Feb 6, 2012
Ankeny

Notre Dame, Indiana, and Minnesota would be fun ones to do a home-and-home with that would be good wins/not-bad losses for both schools

• Agree
Reactions: srjclone

CycloneVet

Jul 17, 2011
Cedar Falls
Not to shameful if you lose to them, too.

Big East and American teams are basically high-major, as well.

I would love for us to be the ones who "man up" and given WSU a shot at a high-major opponent, either in Ames or Wichita or even a neutral one-off in Kansas City.

Their national perception is high enough I doubt it hurts you much if you lose.

The entire universe might explode if we schedule ANOTHER grudge match with Creighton, however. I think we all know how that ended.

Are you not entertained?

Such a fitting end of that game considering what we were put through for 4 years.

thatguy

May 29, 2009
DENVER
anybody know a place in Louisville where some Cyclone fans congregate to watch the games? Here for work.

LLCoolCY

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 28, 2010
Minneapolis

One thing to remember about the scheduling another P5 opponent is the SEC Big 12 challenge should be mentioned as a non-con game with the potential of being a top 25 matchup. Before ESPN moved it to January it would have been an additional game in December. That may hold Prohm and Pollard back from scheduling another one.

I would like to see ISU play Minnesota, Illinois, Marquette or Creighton in the future if they would consider it in addition to Mizzou.

BTW
GO STATE!!!

CarlHungus

Feb 19, 2012
Ankeny
The build-up of this game has the same feel as the Arkansas game from two years ago. Hopefully it ends in the same result

Spanky

Oct 14, 2009
I don't care if Big Georges is living in a bar now(who are we to judge?).
He's earned the right to attend big games. I want him there when it's go time and we need a spark.
Big Georges rising from the student section could turn the tide in any game!
I say bring him back! SET BIG GEORGES FREE!!!

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron