****Official Bye-Week at ISU Football Gameday Thread****

jsmith86

Dec 5, 2006
Cedar Rapids
Have we EVER lost to bye-week?

Not that I know of, but I'm only particularly well versed in cyclone football over the past 10 or so years. I know a bit about earlier history, but anything between 1910 and 1980 I am not the expert on. Maybe on of the oldtimers could let us know this one?

alarson

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 15, 2006
Ankeny
What year was it that the ISU band went up to BFE minnesota? Was that an away week or a bye week? If a bye week, i think that might qualify as a bye week loss just for going.

sodakjoe

Sep 15, 2006
Ames via Sioux Falls, SD
What year was it that the ISU band went up to BFE minnesota? Was that an away week or a bye week? If a bye week, i think that might qualify as a bye week loss just for going.

We went to Luverne, MN in 2004. That would have been in late September, so looking at the schedule from that year, it would have been a bye week.

alarson

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 15, 2006
Ankeny
I haven't seen a cybookie yet, but I heard the over/under was half a point. Sounds like a good defensive battle, but I'm not sure we can put a point on the board against BYE.

goddammit, fire everyone. herman's offense has been awful against BYE. Not a single point scored in 3 years.

blazingsaddles.jpg

jaretac

Nov 26, 2006
Frigidaire
See, that's just not fair. This year is his first opportunity against the BYE. Granted, he failed the first one, but it's his first chance.

yeah...yeah...yeah

Herman hasn't been able to even get a yard against BYE. That is some really bad offense. Thank goodness of Wally because his defense has been just as solid.