*** Official Baylor Vs IOWA STATE Gameday Thread ***

Die4Cy

Jan 2, 2010
Good win.

The thing I've really come to appreciate about Prohm's coaching is that he takes what he's got every fall and they somehow find their stride. You can literally see improvement if not game to game, at least week to week.

Sigmapolis

Minister of Economy
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 10, 2011
Waukee
I wanted to say that was a good game by Jeff Beverly...

-- 10 minutes
-- 2/3 from the field
-- 1/2 from three, 5 points
-- 2 rebounds, only 1 turnover, 2 hard fouls
-- fought hard for the ball and on the boards the whole time

I do not think I want to see him playing more than 10-15 per game, but if he is going to come out like that, play hard, be somewhat efficient, and give Solo and Lard a little breather when they need it and help keep the game situation the same, then I am glad he is in the rotation.

madguy30

Nov 15, 2011
Didn't see anything on it...anything on Talley?

Figured he'd be out there when SY and CL got into trouble.

NWICY

Sep 2, 2012
Nice win by the men today. Post game interviews were fun to listen to JW asked Solo how hungry this team was going to be Wed. Nite he answered "Starving!" Prohm talked about defense improvements and how him and Lindell are getting on the same page when LW is point guarding.

flycy

Jul 17, 2008
Crescent, IA
Great game, glad the rotation has tightened, it would be good to rest our guards more, but I don't know if you can be without any of them for very long. Would have liked to have seen Long play, but can't argue with the results. Man has Lard improved, remember when he was a foul a minute player? Lindell is the first guy we've had in a while who can catch the ball on a dead run off a screen and consistently nail a three. He'd be the freshman of the week for sure if it weren't for some guy at Oklahoma.

madguy30

Nov 15, 2011
Time to see if we can learn to finish, crunch time.

This is a team that has used losses to learn...now the challenge will be if they can learn how to sustain things. Fun to watch the ebb and flow like this for a team that can beat anyone left with some luck.

Reactions: NWICY