Baylor.png
vs
site.png

IOWA STATE (9-6, 0-4 BIG 12)
VS. BAYLOR (11-5, 1-3 BIG 12)
SATURDAY, JAN. 13 | 2 P.M. CST
AMES, IOWA | HILTON COLISEUM (14,384)

Radio: Cyclone Radio Network
Talent: John Walters (pxp); Eric Heft (analyst)
TV: ESPNews
Talent: Chuckie Kempf (pxp); Lance Blanks (analyst)

I-stateTheTruth

Nov 13, 2016
My two pre-game comments (probably uninteresting): 1. I really enjoy watching this young ISU team grow and develop and 2. In my morality league standings, I have Rape U at the bottom. I wish them NO success, even against Kansas.

LLCoolCY

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 28, 2010
Minneapolis
Today and Feb 27th are our only remaining games that are neither on the road nor against a ranked team.

Opportunity.
It starts today against BU.
Thing I am looking to see:
1. Wigginton staying assertive and perhaps take over the team's leadership role that he showed in HS. It is early for a freshman to do so but I think in the long run it could be the best if he assumes it. I think it is only a matter of time he does just waiting for the game.
2. Continued outside shooting form D-Jax against the Zone.
3. Brase in the high post distributing. In past years Niang and Burton were used at the FT line to break the Bear Zone. Brase seems like the best post for that role if Prohm wants to continue with that strategy.
4. Upping the pace on offense. The team needs to score early before the BU zone can be set as often as possible. Not to mention our lack of recent success in general late in the shot clock.

chuckd4735

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 29, 2006
Indianola
Today and Feb 27th are our only remaining games that are neither on the road nor against a ranked team.
Well we just hung with a ranked team until the end in the toughest road environment in the Big 12, so I'm not too worried.

Cyclad

Apr 12, 2006
Baylor.png
vs
site.png

IOWA STATE (9-6, 0-4 BIG 12)
VS. BAYLOR (11-5, 1-3 BIG 12)
SATURDAY, JAN. 13 | 2 P.M. CST
AMES, IOWA | HILTON COLISEUM (14,384)

Radio: Cyclone Radio Network
Talent: John Walters (pxp); Eric Heft (analyst)
TV: ESPNews
Talent: Chuckie Kempf (pxp); Lance Blanks (analyst)
History would say I am foolish, but I have a good feeling about today. Even some our better teams lost to Baylor at home. Love how the team continues to fight. I expect a close win. Our margin for error is always razor thin. We must have good games from both wigg and Jackson. If either is not good we will have a very hard time winning.i have not watched them much, but this Baylor team does not seem quite as long as their usual teams. Agree with another posters comment - I hope Baylor never wins a game in any sport. Some of the biggest hypocrites in college sport.

CysRage

Oct 18, 2009
Count four of us in for being there today! I haven't been to a game in Hilton that ended in a loss since the 2013 KU blarge debacle (still BS). I'm feeling good about today!

Bestaluckcy

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 25, 2009
Yea, get to see my favorite team play again today. Let's do this guys. May the threes (force) be with you!

Reactions: cycophagus

cycophagus

Aug 16, 2012
MN
Can we sustain a 5th consecutive loss in conference, a 3rd consecutive home loss to the Baylor "Borg"? Cyclone booster, and Whisky River regular, Jean Luc Picard sez, basically, not gonna happen:

Reactions: cygrads

Help Support Us

Become a patron