*** Official #6 IOWA STATE vs Kansas State Game(Day) Thread ***

Pope

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Feb 7, 2015
I’m not going to get too worked up about seeding because it’ll just come down to matchups.
I think you might have the smartest post of this thread. So much of advancing the NCAA tournament is about matchups, and then maybe where you play the game. Luck plays such a large role.

Reactions: CyNews

NoCreativity

Nov 12, 2015
Des Moines
I just back from the game. Not much to add, complete dumpster fire except for the first 10 minutes and a 5 minute stretch midway through the 2nd.

Flush it and move on is all they can do at this point.

I ended up sitting by the 3 most obnoxious fans in the state of Kansas. They literally got every call the entire game and these 3 were having a nuclear meltdown the entire 2 hours.

ClonerJams

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 26, 2022
Looks like we'll play at 6 on Thursday against the winner of 7 vs 10. Could see the kittens again.

CYEATHAWK

Aug 26, 2007
It's funny, I used to get all fired up for the Big 12 tournament, but now it seems like it's kind of meaningless, sort of an exhibition. The NCAA tournament is pretty much all that matters other than the final conference standings.

TJ knows WAY more than I do, but I'd be half tempted to play my bench for most of our next game.

The players and coaches really appreciate the support they get in KC because they certainly don't look at it as an exhibition.

And just like last year at this time.......please stop with the tired BS. It almost seems like a canned excuse. Houston isn't tired, Obviously KSU wasn't tired. What..........ISU players miss their nap time? Please.......give it a rest because that lame excuse is tiring.

Clone95

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 13, 2019
I know they can't, just sad they mad the original call the way they did. Also if that is not a Fkagrant 1, no way was Tre King's. Gotta be consistent on the call especially in the same game. That call was bad, considering the first was a play on.
Yeah, I didn’t think it mattered if you intended to do it, if you elbowed someone in the face it was always a flagrant 1.

CYDJ

Jan 12, 2013
"get off your soap box"

Pot meet Kettle

Settle down DJ...

Not excusing the refs for anything.
OK, then who was saying the officials lost us the game by themselves? Please provide that reference.

You made an overly generalized statement with no nuance or example. So, I figured I could too.

alarson

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 15, 2006
Ankeny
One game is one game. Winning on the road is hard.

But the offense from the last 5 games is legitimately a concern people aren't wrong to be a bit freaked out about. We're performing at "November in Orlando" level on offense, and that kind of performance can lose to any tournament team.

SEIOWA CLONE

Dec 19, 2018
ISU had to many long scoring droughts today to win, started both halfs very slow, struggling to get points at all. I counted at least 4 times we got a turnover and forced the ball down the court and scored on none of them. We gave up a lot of offensive rebounds that led to 2nd and 3rd chances for KSU to score.

If this team is going to go far in the tournament we have to eliminate or at least cut down the scoring droughts and finish when we go to the hoop. Overall, the bigs played like crap today, Momcilovic 0 points, R, Jones 3 points, T king 4 points, Ward 7 points. Just not enough inside scoring, to overcome sloppy play.

Reactions: CYDJ and exCYtable

Final42b

Jan 4, 2009
Ames
I don’t even care that we lost because it was coming at some point. Just sucks it had to be against those purple *****

Reactions: BigCyFan

madguy30

Nov 15, 2011
Not that easy. They know we lost, so their intensity could drop. If had won they were going to bring it all, which they appear to still be doing.

They appear to not know or give a **** what happened in Manhattan.

Reactions: jctisu

bradcyclone

Jan 25, 2009
Kansas Football turning good while Kansas basketball can’t find a win away from home. Shout out to the Sports Gods for something like that!

TwinCitiesCy

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 17, 2013
OK, then who was saying the officials lost us the game by themselves? Please provide that reference.

You made an overly generalized statement with no nuance or example. So, I figured I could too.
This is getting sad.

You may want to stop.

Reactions: Clonefan32