*** Official #6 IOWA STATE vs Kansas State Game(Day) Thread ***

jctisu

Jun 11, 2017
If Houston loses I'm going to be so pissed.
Not that easy. They know we lost, so their intensity could drop. If had won they were going to bring it all, which they appear to still be doing.

Cloned4Life

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 5, 2006
Ankeny
This. I used to let ISU games ruin my weekend, now it's meh and move on. Not a single person on this board can control what happens in these games. It's sports, celebrate the hell out of the good times, go take a walk or work on something around the house during the bad times..it'll be alright.
How do you know if anyone‘s weekend here was ruined? Who are you addressing this to specifically?
Maybe fans venting harmlessly/anonymously on a free public message board with other hardcore fans is their version of “taking a walk…”

Maybe some here are vent-posting AND walking it off at the same time! :)

rosshm16

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Oct 8, 2023
Fran said a few games ago (whenever was his last broadcast with us) that Tamin hasn't been practicing much.

Reactions: CyNews

Clone95

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 13, 2019
I think you are correct but then how is Tre King's a flagrant. I would argue that on the Watson foul the Kstate kid made the contact, not a flagrant but should have been an offensive foul?
I don’t think they can change a defensive foul to a regular offensive foul on reply, only a flagrant.

rosshm16

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Oct 8, 2023
This. I used to let ISU games ruin my weekend, now it's meh and move on. Not a single person on this board can control what happens in these games. It's sports, celebrate the hell out of the good times, go take a walk or work on something around the house during the bad times..it'll be alright.
Or you could get off your high horse, stop trying to tell others how to be fans, and let people vent.

Pope

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Feb 7, 2015
It's funny, I used to get all fired up for the Big 12 tournament, but now it seems like it's kind of meaningless, sort of an exhibition. The NCAA tournament is pretty much all that matters other than the final conference standings.

TJ knows WAY more than I do, but I'd be half tempted to play my bench for most of our next game.

Apr 22, 2023
Not the time of the season to start playing your worst basketball.
Better get right and bring energy to Hilton South, or you are riding a losing streak going into the NCAA tourney.

Get some offense figured out instead of the one vs everyone drive to the basket. And someone please pull Momcilovic aside and teach him some defensive fundamentals.

cal-cyclone

Dec 8, 2022
Not going to happen. Double digit early leads are insurmountable, as we know.
it was NEVER going to happen. KU isn't going in to Houston and beating them. And that seems to be what is happening right now. HU up big early 19-4. Going to be a long day for KU and Self.

inCyteful

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Feb 28, 2012
Fort Collins, CO
For all our size and strength in the front court, we give up an awful lot of ORBs.
Definitely the story of the game. Other parts were bad but rebounding shouldn't have an off day ever.

Guys put themselves in a great spot. Not going to think about this game any longer.

Hope they can refresh this week and get the offensive rhythm going again.

CysRage

Oct 18, 2009
How do you know if anyone‘s weekend here was ruined? Who are you addressing this to specifically?
Maybe fans venting harmlessly/anonymously on a free public message board with other hardcore fans is their version of “taking a walk…”

Maybe some here are vent-posting AND walking it off at the same time! :)
I was speaking for me personally when I said I would let ISU games ruin my weekend using it as an example as don't let it get to that point. I know people who still let ISU losses eat at them until the next game. It isn't worth it.

Yes I know some people vent post on here, go for it. Just let it go an hour later.

Reactions: Cloned4Life

Cloned4Life

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 5, 2006
Ankeny
Just stopped in to see if anybody's freaking out.
Seems pretty normal so far. Never fun to lose, but also not the end of the world. Offense hasn’t looked good for weeks (and metrics continue to plummet), I think it’s OK for fans to be a bit nervous about its ability to bounce back and find another gear offensively in the post-season. But, if they do - we’ll be in for a fun ride!

Reactions: NENick

hoopitup

Feb 8, 2012
West Des Moines
Fran said a few games ago (whenever was his last broadcast with us) that Tamin hasn't been practicing much.
I remember that. I feel the last 2-3 games, he has looked more like his normal self. Not forcing as much, not dribbling into trap areas and picking up, and back to getting teammates involved.

On the other hand, when he was doing these things, Otz took the ball out of his hands a little more and put it in Gilbert’s hands. With the decisions Gilbert is now making, I’d like to see the ball back more in Tamin’s hands more. Gilbert forces way to much and is making bad decisions with the ball.

I also would like to see King on the court more. He always gives us good minutes.

Jnecker4cy

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 18, 2006
Ankeny, IA
I don’t think they can change a defensive foul to a regular offensive foul on reply, only a flagrant.
I know they can't, just sad they mad the original call the way they did. Also if that is not a Fkagrant 1, no way was Tre King's. Gotta be consistent on the call especially in the same game. That call was bad, considering the first was a play on.