*** Official #6 IOWA STATE vs Kansas State Game(Day) Thread ***

BigJCy

Apr 11, 2006
Looks like we'll play at 6 on Thursday against the winner of 7 vs 10. Could see the kittens again.
Yeah running mred's simulator looks like regardless of rest of today's outcomes we will be playing either TCU or K-State Thursday Night.

Reactions: CyNews

jctisu

Jun 11, 2017
Looks like we'll play at 6 on Thursday against the winner of 7 vs 10. Could see the kittens again.
Great matchup for us if so. We are clearly better than they are. But if we lose first game I honestly won’t be disappointed. I usually want the Big 12 tournament title because it’s so much fun and we aren’t really thinking of much more than maybe a Sweet 16 run in the NCAA Tournament. But this team CAN make a serious run so give me the rest if we happen to lose early in KC. Their legs on their shots are clearly a bit tired.

mynameisjonas

Jan 19, 2019
On one hand this game had a good potential of being completely irrelevant so hopefully it could be used as a nice wake up call for the tourney.

On the other hand to play like that when you had a legit shot of winning a big 12 championship is discouraging.

HFCS

Aug 13, 2010
LA LA Land
I think you might have the smartest post of this thread. So much of advancing the NCAA tournament is about matchups, and then maybe where you play the game. Luck plays such a large role.

It stinks when people Bri g up our lack of Final Four knowing our 2000 team was better than most Final Four teams and was actually “hot” at the time in addition to dominant full season.

Champions aren’t mostly luck but round of 32 vs sweet 16 or elite 8 vs final four can be a lot of luck.

ca4cy

Dec 6, 2009
North Central IA
If I'm TJ, I have some easy practices the rest of the way, mostly walk throughs, and I play Pav and Watson A LOT in the Big 12 tournament.
What does concussion protocol look like for Watson? Having him available in 5 days might be a reach.

HFCS

Aug 13, 2010
LA LA Land
Exactly, they are still bringing it regardless. So had we won their was no fricking way Houston was losing this game based on how they are playing knowing they have it wrapped up.

Hope Houston is on other side of ncaa, especially if we play them in KC.

Cyinthenorth

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 29, 2013
Dubuque
I'm not making any grand projections here, but that O will definitely be the reason we lose in the tourney. Let's just hope there are 2 or 3 wins before it happens.
Yep, this is really about all there is to say at this point. This should be clear to all isu fans and the ultimate hope and goal at this point.

NY Chicago Fan

Mar 17, 2023
Just finished watching the game. Well I fast forwarded the final 5 mins because couldn't keep watching that mess. Not sure what ISU was doing, just horrible on offense. Losing the ball dribbling, bad offense all around, along with poor rebounding on defense end. Refs seemed to not call contact on few obvious drives, Lipsay got knocked down once which was crazy, but honestly ISU just sucked. Hopefully the flush that game and bring more organized and patient offense in tourneys. Defense is great but can't be helpless on other end. Today was worst game I saw, luckily did not matter in big picture

Reactions: rosshm16

madguy30

Nov 15, 2011
It stinks when people Bri g up our lack of Final Four knowing our 2000 team was better than most Final Four teams and was actually “hot” at the time in addition to dominant full season.

Champions aren’t mostly luck but round of 32 vs sweet 16 or elite 8 vs final four can be a lot of luck.

And the first round too.

There's plenty of examples of a 1 seed barely sliding through the first game way before Virigina in 2018.

NENick

Feb 14, 2017
Sometimes we fans have a hard time accepting that emotion has an impact on these games and that the opponent has some pride, too. Cyclones won a tough final home game over an opponent that had beaten them earlier. KSU had gotten embarrassed by their in-state rival. Their senior day as well.

Not the result I hoped for, but not totally shocking either. Get a nice break, be ready to play on Friday. See what happens.