***Official 2024 NCAA Men’s Basketball Tournament Thread***

Lexclone

I survived the 2023 ad invasion
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 8, 2013
Massachusetts
good night zona.
uconn goes from 5, to 10, 15, to now over 20. ugh.
Bad game plan by SDSU. Th ridiculous number of jump shots was not going to work. They were afraid to take it in and challenge in the paint.

Hopefully this leads to some overconfidence for UCONN.

Clonehomer

Apr 11, 2006
I never thought I’d say that a coach that took his team to the Sweet 16 should be at risk for losing his job. But, I’m not sure how the AZ AD looks at this game and thinks this is the right coach. They had so much talent on that team but absolutely no direction. I think TJ would have walkons in the game before allowing that undisciplined of play from his team.

ISU_Guy

Jul 21, 2021
Des Moines
Bad game plan by SDSU. Th ridiculous number of jump shots was not going to work. They were afraid to take it in and challenge in the paint.

Hopefully this leads to some overconfidence for UCONN.
the have killed everyone in the tournament last year and this year so I don't know if overconfidence will play a factor.
I still stand by my comments earlier that nobody touches these guys. that is why I was so hot about getting the east. everyone else in the tournament is beatable.

Gunnerclone

Jul 16, 2010
DSM
I never thought I’d say that a coach that took his team to the Sweet 16 should be at risk for losing his job. But, I’m not sure how the AZ AD looks at this game and thinks this is the right coach. They had so much talent on that team but absolutely no direction. I think TJ would have walkons in the game before allowing that undisciplined of play from his team.

They’re broke. They can’t do anything about it.

Lexclone

I survived the 2023 ad invasion
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 8, 2013
Massachusetts
the have killed everyone in the tournament last year and this year so I don't know if overconfidence will play a factor.
I still stand by my comments earlier that nobody touches these guys. that is why I was so hot about getting the east. everyone else in the tournament is beatable.
UCONN is NOT unbeatable.

Gunnerclone

Jul 16, 2010
DSM

As I noted when the tourney began they just have that look and feel of a team of destiny:

UConn 99
Kentucky 2012
Florida repeat team
UConn Okafor team
2018 Villanova

That said I would love ISU to get a shot at them.

cal-cyclone

Dec 8, 2022
SDSU didn't even give itself a chance at all by giving up so many off rebounds to UConn. Uconn outrebounding SDSU 50-26. You can't win with those numbers.