***Official 2024 NCAA Men’s Basketball Tournament Thread***

jctisu

Jun 11, 2017
We aren’t ******* losing. I don’t give a **** about the other teams during the season or in post season.
Oh I am with you. In the end I care only about Iowa State. My comment was to those talking about the Big 12 doing poorly so far in the postseason.

RezClone

Mar 2, 2013
Pine Ridge Indian Reservation, SD
Can we take a moment to appreciate our two senior bigs. Not long ago they were:
A) one guy we didn't want playing.
B) one guy who literally didn't play.

Now, I feel like they are the heart & soul, the identity, and the key to this team. arguably our biggest strength, certainly most dependable and consistent.

I feel as confident they will do their job and set the tone as maybe any pair of Cyclones in our history. You can't possibly overstate how far they have come and how good they have been all year.

madguy30

Nov 15, 2011
Counterpoint: the big ten is actually really, really bad this year.

I keep saying it but the top 4-5 are good teams, capable of beating all sorts of other teams.

After that it would be surprising to see lots of other teams compete...which is why they're not playing today or tomorrow.

• Disagree
Reactions: FriendlySpartan

Cupped

Feb 11, 2016
BYU coach Mark Pope still winless in the Tournament. I was kind of rooting for them to win just so he'd get some offers. Maybe he will anyway?

BYU Sports Nation TV will be fun tomorrow. They were totally confident about this game and getting pretty full of themselves.

Reactions: RezClone

PizzaTheHutt

Feb 6, 2014
I doubt that Morehead State can keep up with Illinois. We are really underestimating teams from other conferences especially Big Ten
No, I just think Morehead State is just the better coached more disciplined team on both sides of the ball. Illinois only has a potent offense with some NBA players defense is optional.

Illinois had to come back from double digits all three of their big 10 tournament games. Bad habits yield bad results in the long run.

MeanDean

SuperFanatic
Jan 5, 2009
Blue Grass IA-Jensen Beach FL
Too far back to look but for those who said Mississippi State had never done anything...

They got to the Final Four.

I had to look it up. 1996. I specifically remember because there was some kind of ceremony thing at some point. Each coach was handed a cap with their school logo on it. Their coach was handed an Ol Miss hat instead of Miss State. I figured if we ever made it that far some know-nothing idiot would hand our coach a Fred Flintstone dirt and piss hat.

FriendlySpartan

Jul 26, 2021
I keep saying it but the top 4-5 are good teams, capable of beating all sorts of other teams.

After that it would be surprising to see lots of other teams compete...which is why they're not playing today or tomorrow.
It’s the tourny, anyone can beat anyone. But yeah the big ten is really really bad this year. Purdue can win with the right matchups but if every other team didn’t make it out of the first weekend no one should be suprised

Cyrealist

Sep 25, 2013
We aren’t ******* losing. I don’t give a **** about the other teams during the season or in post season.
But the overall performance of a conference's teams in the post-season validates the strength of the conference. K-State and BYU haven't got us started out very well, but there are lots of games to be played.

PizzaTheHutt

Feb 6, 2014
Yeah, if Illinois keeps draining threes like this it’ll be tough. Morehead needs to be better in transition

Help Support Us

Become a patron