*** OFFICIAL #16 Iowa State at #19 Oklahoma St. Game(day) Thread ***

WastedTalent

Oct 22, 2012
If Nash is the 5 with Georges covering him, we certainly might need to help, but maybe just do it enough to make them hesitate. I don't get the impression that they share the ball all that well (86th in assists), so a double now and then might make them force something.

Pretty crazy to think there is a possibility that they can go smaller than us, but that's what will happen when/if Nash is the 5. They may pull an Iowa St on Iowa St. Force us to take Niang out, and play with Ejim as our 5.

However, it's not possible for them to have this line up for extended periods of time, so I hope Niang can dominate in the post when he is in there.

You may actually see okie St doubling down on our bigs. Which, if we rotate the ball correctly, could result in some open perimeter shots on our end.

Bestaluckcy

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 25, 2009
I think this game is going to go well for us. OSU has had their confidence dented and I don't think we will let them have it back. The OSU team that lost to Baylor is the same team that will face us tonight. If Baylor can do it our guys can do it better. On the other hand I like the way ISU is starting to play and improve. I think we can take this one over the second half. I'll take ISU 84-76.

CyGuy5

Dec 4, 2013
Kansas City
I think we have to come out and make some shots early to have a chance to win. We can't start slow this game.

aeroclone

Oct 30, 2006
I think this game is going to go well for us. OSU has had their confidence dented and I don't think we will let them have it back. The OSU team that lost to Baylor is the same team that will face us tonight. If Baylor can do it our guys can do it better. On the other hand I like the way ISU is starting to play and improve. I think we can take this one over the second half. I'll take ISU 84-76.

I think a fast start is the key to this. I would feel a lot better if we hadn't had issues with this all season. For a team that has been struggling like this lately, we need to jump on them early so they can get that here we go again feeling and start to pack it in. The last thing we want is to let them get off to a quick lead and start to get that swagger back.

ImJustKCClone

Ancient Argumentative and Accidental Assassin Ape
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 18, 2013
traipsing thru the treetops
1509997_734120293273630_1157710305_n.jpg

VeloClone

Jan 19, 2010
Brooklyn Park, MN
You may actually see okie St doubling down on our bigs. Which, if we rotate the ball correctly, could result in some open perimeter shots on our end.

The thought of Okie State doubling down on Niang and even Ejim makes me all tingly. ISU's bigs are good passers and will find the open man and everyone on the perimeter will pass up a good shot to get a teammate a better shot. If they do this, we will see a lot of wide open ISU looks from 3 tonight.

CYUL8R

Feb 13, 2012
The thought of Okie State doubling down on Niang and even Ejim makes me all tingly. ISU's bigs are good passers and will find the open man and everyone on the perimeter will pass up a good shot to get a teammate a better shot. If they do this, we will see a lot of wide open ISU looks from 3 tonight.

"Thomas for 3!"
"Long for 3!"
"Kane for 3!"
"Hogue for 3!"

"...at some point OSU is going to have to guard these shooters from Iowa State..." - Franschilla

I could live with that play-by-play...

yler4cy

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 23, 2009
Ankeny, IA
"Thomas for 3!"
"Long for 3!"
"Kane for 3!"
"Hogue for 3!"

"...at some point OSU is going to have to guard these shooters from Iowa State..." - Franschilla

I could live with that play-by-play...

Maybe this will be the game that Long gets back on from downtown since he will get plenty of looks to do so.

EDIT: I should get a CF coupon for posting so this didn't hit the 2nd page.

Gunnerclone

Jul 16, 2010
DSM
Pretty crazy to think there is a possibility that they can go smaller than us, but that's what will happen when/if Nash is the 5. They may pull an Iowa St on Iowa St. Force us to take Niang out, and play with Ejim as our 5.

However, it's not possible for them to have this line up for extended periods of time, so I hope Niang can dominate in the post when he is in there.

START PERCY

Amesboy

Feb 25, 2012
Let's go Cyclones. Haven't beat the Cowboys there in 15 years. This is a big game we need to win.

Help Support Us

Become a patron