*** Official #13 IOWA STATE vs Texas Tech Game(Day) Thread ***

cdface

Oct 28, 2014
Behind Enemy Lines (IC)
Yeah its time to stop talking abt winning the conference. Its time to start talking abt getting to 11-7 and a decent seed in the ncaa.

i mean, we can still talk about it like it's theoretically possible, but i think it's unfair to everyone to be serious at this point, barring elimination of the team's negative tendencies in the last two games.

CYDJ

Jan 12, 2013
I get all the complaints about the refs but the dude, Harmon, got 6 feet away before they started calling fouls. How is he getting that close every time? And we weren't doubling or pressuring. Perimeter defense is very slow.
By forcing himself into the lane with his forearm, and then getting a low post screen, which was usually pretty set, but not all the time.

AuH2O

Sep 7, 2013
It will be funny if these two loses keeps them out of the dance. Still need 5 wins to be comfortable
WTF you talking about? You are saying they are only comfortably in if they go 11-7 in the league? That’s idiotic. If they go 11-7 they will be a 6 seed or better. 8-10 in the league gets them in.

• Agree
Reactions: Nihawk

Cyinthenorth

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 29, 2013
Dubuque
I still don’t understand why we didn’t go zone and force them to score from deep. They beat us at the FT and off turnovers the last 10
Harmon was getting to the rim at will. I don't think a zone was going to help tonight. About the only thing Spatola said tonight that I agreed with was the Harmon was in a zone driving the ball to the rack. He was doing it with his left and right he was pushing Lipsey around, he was pushing grill around, he was pushing Gabe around. Those matchups really were men vs boys

CyJack13

May 21, 2010
Oh come on, of course we have. Last year's debacle to Texas Tech in the tournament. SEVERAL Prohm games.

We are going to learn about this team and the coaches though. I was super impressed how they came out tonight after a tough loss.

I thought you got banned yesterday.

cycfan1

Nov 27, 2006
Ames
I can’t help but think about how Texas Tech suddenly went from a 2 Pt underdog to a 2.5 pt favorite out of nowhere this afternoon (with no good news) and then the officials completely control the 2nd half of the game with foul calls in their favor.

If your going to rig a game like that you might want to start before 10 minutes left to leave chance out of it.

HouClone

Sep 3, 2011
Houston
Not sure which is worse. The collapse of the team, or the collapse of the so-called fans on this forum. This team is so performing above its talent - remember we were picked to finish second last in the B12, but here they are challenging for 1st or 2nd. But the fans are calling for Lipsey's head, for TJ's head, etc. To me, it is disgusting. Of course, I am disappointed in the loss. but I'm, not going to throw the team under the bus because of it. There is lots of basketball to be played yet; I for one will be rooting for the guys no matter what. They are a great group of players, and a great group of people. Which is more than I can say about some of the people posting on this forum,.
I hear ya. But people post mostly to vent.

• Agree
Reactions: peatyscotch

Cyinthenorth

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 29, 2013
Dubuque
WTF you talking about? You are saying they are only comfortably in if they go 11-7 in the league? That’s idiotic. If they go 11-7 they will be a 6 seed or better. 8-10 in the league gets them in.
Yeah I'd feel safe with 2 more wins, though it would be very disappointing after the start

jsb

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 7, 2008
Not sure which is worse. The collapse of the team, or the collapse of the so-called fans on this forum. This team is so performing above its talent - remember we were picked to finish second last in the B12, but here they are challenging for 1st or 2nd. But the fans are calling for Lipsey's head, for TJ's head, etc. To me, it is disgusting. Of course, I am disappointed in the loss. but I'm, not going to throw the team under the bus because of it. There is lots of basketball to be played yet; I for one will be rooting for the guys no matter what. They are a great group of players, and a great group of people. Which is more than I can say about some of the people posting on this forum,.

I agree with a lot of this. And had we lost by 3 normally it would be fine. But the blown lead is pretty bad. And it is a trend with this team. They can't get out of the spiral. They need to figure out how to get out of the spiral when they lose the lead b/c teams are going to know they can be mentally tougher than us.

Clonefan32

Nov 19, 2008
For the “corrupt refs/league” crowd can you give me any possible explanation why the Big 12 would want 0-8 Texas Tech to win tonight? What possible incentive could there be to screw us over? And only in the second half?

Get a damn drip people. We lose on foul differential every game because of how we play. Tonight was about having no offensive identity, handing them the ball and not guarding the ball.

tim_redd

Mar 29, 2006
Ankeny
How about they foul Grill, hits tech player face, and then goes off Grill, so Tech ball. How do you ignore the obvious foul?
that's the problem with those replays, they can only change possession and not make foul calls.

cyclonehomer

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 2, 2019
Am I the only one who doesn't understand bringing in a guy like Ward to sit behind an obviously overmatched Jones?

I know Williams got hurt but man if this team couldn't use another competent guard comfortable with the ball against even the slightest pressure.

Makes me sick that they held an open scholarship instead of just making room for Green if he wanted to come given how late he was deciding.

Still though, a lot to play for in conference and overall. Gotta cook up some counters though as it feels like we're gonna see a lot of what should be token pressure that slows this team to a halt until they prove they can exploit it.

• Dumb

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron