*** Official #13 IOWA STATE vs #17 Texas Game(Day) Thread ***

JM4CY

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 23, 2012
America
What you've never had a bumpy car ride before?
PowerlessForcefulBrownbutterfly-max-1mb.gif

Reactions: BWRhasnoAC

DurangoCy

Jul 5, 2010
Durango, CO
Not sure he should have continued. That had concust written all over it. Tough SOB! I have a gif made but can't seem to make it small enough to share.

Yeah, I missed that the first time through the game. He was only out for the last Texas drive of the 3rd quarter. If he's even slightly foggy this week, he needs to sit.

• Agree
Reactions: stateofmind

MeanDean

SuperFanatic
Jan 5, 2009
Blue Grass IA-Jensen Beach FL
Thinking about this over night - this was the exact opposite of a typical ISU nutcup game.

1. Most NC games ISU is leading up until the very end. Then the opposition scores to take the lead. Then ISU is unable to answer and we lose. This one was exactly the opposite.

2. Most of our NC games we're at home so all our fans get to see and experience it in person. And stew on it for the drive home afterwards.

3. ISU is usually the lower ranked team when we get NC'ed.

4. The sack on the play before the final FG attempt pushing UT back just far enough to cause their kicker to miss is a classic NC scenario.

So glad this one came out the way it did (Capt Obvious)

Last edited:
Reactions: cyclones500

SeventhSon

Apr 13, 2014
I’m a Manning fan, but having Kene in and giving it to him on that crucial 3rd and 1 where he got blown up and lost two yards, while you have the nations best running back just sitting on the sidelines infuriated me.
Isn't that the play after Breece got popped really good on a short run? I kinda assumed they sat him for a play for precautionary reasons...

Cyched

CF Influencer
May 8, 2009
Denver, CO
Thinking about this over night - this was the exact opposite of a typical ISU nutcup game.

1. Most NC games ISU is leading up until the very end. Then the opposition scores to take the lead. Then ISU is unable to answer and we lose. This one was exactly the opposite.

2. Most of our NC games we're at home so all our fans get to see and experience it in person.

3. ISU is usually the lower ranked team when we get NC'ed.

4. The sack on the play before the final FG attempt pushing UT back just far enough to cause their kicker to miss is a classic NC scenario.

So glad this one came out the way it did (Capt Obvious)

The real nut cup scenario would've had the sack push them back far enough that they attempt a hail mary, and Eagles or someone gets it to win.

I'd be lying if I said this scenario didn't cross my mind. But much less worried than in years past.

inCyteful

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Feb 28, 2012
Fort Collins, CO
Where would you put us? I mean, you really understand this team and their talent. You have been fight there all the way along rooting for them.

Your take means a lot to us.

@ZuriCyclone need your leadership here!

I jumped on this morning hoping to get your insight into what really makes this team go. Don't let me down bud!

ImJustKCClone

Ancient Argumentative and Accidental Assassin Ape
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 18, 2013
traipsing thru the treetops
Sir, thank you for your service!! Hopefully you have had a chance to have a cold one by now?
Depends on where he's deployed. When my son was in Iraq, the base he was at in Baghdad was dry. However, if they made friends at the British base, those troops were allowed beer.
The other one was in Afghanistan, but at forward bases and/or imbedded w/Afghani troops...also dry. :D

• Agree
Reactions: t-noah

t-noah

Feb 2, 2007
Depends on where he's deployed. When my son was in Iraq, the base he was at in Baghdad was dry. However, if they made friends at the British base, those troops were allowed beer.
The other one was in Afghanistan, but at forward bases and/or imbedded w/Afghani troops...also dry. :D
Just another of the sacrifices these troops must endure. God bless our servicemen and women, and our country!

• Winner
Reactions: SpokaneCY

CyGuy5

Dec 4, 2013
Kansas City

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron