*** Official #12 IOWA STATE vs #18 Baylor Game(Day) Thread ***

jspeels

May 14, 2022
I said on the missed free throw and rebound,.,no less than 1.5! Should have been and we win! Aggravating

Cloned4Life

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 5, 2006
Ankeny
Is every loss unacceptable?
I don’t know what other word to describe a coaching philosophy that leads to so many amazing things yet is perfectly OK with leaving shooters open and not adapting. “Welp, some nights some teams will just make those shots!”

In a game where SO many things are out of a coach’s true control, that one is beyond crazy to me. We lost because of coaching. Do we win sometimes - maybe even a lot of times - because of reaching good coaching and strategy!? Yep! Which makes it even more frustrating that this one specific symptom is so impossible to cure.

• Agree
Reactions: clonedude

AuH2O

Sep 7, 2013
Got screwed due to the refs not knowing how much time should have been left.
Not how it works. Late or early clock starting and play starts they time it out. Different situation but similar to our win vs UNC in the tourney.

• Winner
Reactions: cyputz

cyfanbr

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 13, 2013
IL
How is it shameful though. For you?
Semantics. All I’m trying to say is tht we played hard, but had one of the worst outings of the season outside of Gilbert. Had one or two other players had an average night and win this one, maybe even comfortably.

jctisu

Jun 11, 2017
So much to unpack in this game. Almost stole this one on a couple of occasions. Both teams would have felt they let one slip away if they lost. Just so happened it was us and oh so close with that last shot.

But as mentioned, the first half was soooo bad defensively and giving up offensive rebounds everywhere.

Our free throw percentage is a joke, and this team needs to get better as a whole. Even shooting 70% as a team gets us in a much better spot as a team. That shouldn’t be hard at all.

And then of course the offense, defense and turnovers in the final four minutes really hurt.

ExCyment

Jan 8, 2013
Crescent, IA
Not sure you run a play that needs a pass with 1.2.

Well no quit in the team. Rebounding was brural, FTs weren’t good and Baylor shot great from

We lost 0.8 seconds because of clock operator error. What a joke
Actually we gained a time out and the ability to throw the ball in. Just a shame he took one to two tenths too long to shoot that.

Are clock operators local, or brought in with the officials?

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron