*** Official #11 IOWA STATE vs West Virginia Game(Day) Thread ***

ZRF

Jan 3, 2015
Idk man, going 5/6 from the FT line tonight is a tall order...
:jimlad:

I'm too lazy to look, but there can't be more than a few game where we've shot more than 75% as a team.

I doubt that happens tonight and it's probably not (realistically) something that will contribute to the majority of our wins. I highly doubt we hit that tonight (though it would be nice).

Clonefan32

Nov 19, 2008

Joe Toussaint is throwing a little shade our way.

"They're a completely different team on the road," said WVU point guard Joe Toussaint, a veteran of three games against the Cyclones when he was playing at Iowa. "That's no knock on them. They're still a really good team. But obviously, there are holes in their game when they get on the road."

Hey Joe, remember when you couldn't beat out Connor McCaffery and Jordan Bohannon for playing time?

• Funny
Reactions: jcyclonee

cyclonehomer

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 2, 2019
Last minute plans came up, won't be able to catch this one. Expecting to come back to a perfectly normal and chill game thread :)

• Funny
Reactions: nrg4isu

Statefan10

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 20, 2019
Keys to the game:

1.) Keep them off the offensive glass
2.) Limit live ball turnovers
3.) Shut down Stevenson
4.) Can’t let them live at the FT line
5.) Have to capitalize at the FT line when there

Reactions: cyclonehomer

simply1

Rec Center HOF
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 10, 2009
Pdx
Somehow, I managed to think we played at 8 until this post. Now I'm sure I'll get to see the whole ugly game.
So thanks, maybe?
Pro tip, pre bruise your arm to simulate the hacking that’s going to happen.

Allikat

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jan 20, 2018

alarson

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 15, 2006
Ankeny
West Virginia leads the Big 12 in free throws attempted per game at 24.3 - that's #8 in the country.

I'll give everyone three guesses to come up with which team is last in the Big 12 in free throw attempts.

At the same time, part of me says there's often a limit to how many refs want to call so if them getting a lot is already factored in it'll just be a normal game for us with the other team shooting a lot more from the line. A lot depends on who we get for officials.

Since officials tend to be regional and less directly conference-based, does WVU tend to see different slates of refs at home than B12 teams in the central US do?

CyGuy5

Dec 4, 2013
Kansas City
I drove through West Virginia a couple of months ago, including the capital (Charleston), and holy crap is that place a dump. Country Roads is definitely about western Virginia, it’s way nicer

• Agree
Reactions: alarson

inCyteful

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Feb 28, 2012
Fort Collins, CO
You have extremely high hopes
Not saying I was expecting but I think those are two variables we have to execute on to do it.

I think we are shooting 68% FT in conference, not a huge stretch.

Of course, as someone posted, we have to get to FT line first.

"They can't call them all" right Huggy?

alarson

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 15, 2006
Ankeny
I drove through West Virginia a couple of months ago, including the capital (Charleston), and holy crap is that place a dump. Country Roads is definitely about western Virginia, it’s way nicer

Yeah, i spent a few days there about 5 years ago, in Charleston and Ravenswood. Bleak would be how I'd describe that state. Nice people though. Tudor's biscuit world was alright.

ICCYFAN

Sep 6, 2006
Iowa City
Drove through West Virginia once. It was a nice, sunny summer day.

We pulled into a town and all of a sudden it was cloudy. I thought it was weird for clouds to roll in that fast, turns out it was the factory in town. Probably some high rates of respiratory issues in whatever town it was.
I lived in Ohio from 1990 to 1994, and made periodic business trips to WV. I wouldn’t spend the night in Charleston because of all the chemical plants along the River. Some of those small towns reminded me of Burt Reynolds and Ned Beatty on a camping trip…

ISUcyclones11

Dec 11, 2014
Ankeny, IA
King McClure game

kermit-falling.gif