*** Official #10 Illinois vs #4 IOWA STATE Game(Day) Thread ***

HFCS

Aug 13, 2010
LA LA Land
I'm telling you guys. If tj gets another big man and a shooter. Nobody is beating us. Next year could be our best team ever.

Need a shooter, and either a real post or a stretch 4. I get it, but if it's dine right we can do this.

I'd like to add a shooter, but I actually think improved Milan could already be that shooter. He just needs to become higher volume and more aggressive/confident. He could shoot 2x as many 3s and still be in the flow of the offense.

Watson actually shot the 3 at a decent %, it just wasn't part of our game plan.

The three guards could all become more consistent shooting the three...Jones shooting like he can for an entire season. If we replay that holiday tournament with post season C Jones we probably have another undefeated non-conf.

Stumbles

Feb 17, 2012
Cleveland Heights, OH
I’ve posted before, but I honestly can only think of two obvious plays that should have been points. Gilbert’s layup after the steal and King missed bunny towards end of the game when he had time to catch it and go go back up.
There were several more drives to the bucket that we could have easily converted. Maybe they were feeling Illinois pressure, but they doinked them hard off the backboard.

Freebird

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 11, 2006
Welp. Fun season. Way above expectations. This team played hard for each other all year and fought hard to the very end.
Focus needs to immediately shift to player retention. Gilbert is my main concern. I think he could be tempted to leave for perceived greener pastures. Either way next season could be really fun.

Gunnerclone

Jul 16, 2010
DSM
Welp. Fun season. Way above expectations. This team played hard for each other all year and fought hard to the very end.
Focus needs to immediately shift to player retention. Gilbert is my main concern. I think he could be tempted to leave for perceived greener pastures. Either way next season could be really fun.

What makes you say that? .

• Agree
Reactions: Cyclonepride

cyzygy11

Oct 27, 2007
Hinton, IA
Thank heavens we have our story line correct...the only reason our team lost is due to the fact the other team has a (according to media) rapist...Geez people, it is okay to admit the other squad stepped up and delivered....there is no need to feel victimized at every turn of the screw.....is this the mindset people are teaching their children...there is always an outside force that is denying you... it's always something here...

Stumbles

Feb 17, 2012
Cleveland Heights, OH
Thank heavens we have our story line correct...the only reason our team lost is due to the fact the other team has a (according to media) rapist...Geez people, it is okay to admit the other squad stepped up and delivered....there is no need to feel victimized at every turn of the screw.....is this the mindset people are teaching their children...there is always an outside force that is denying you... it's always something here...
Who is saying that? I think pretty much everyone agrees it's because we missed some shots, made some bad turnover decisions and got beat by leaving shooters wide open.

ClubCy

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 8, 2023
Yeah what are they last 3 years? 0-1? 0-2? 1-2? I can't even remember.

We all want a Final Four, but 4-3 over 3 years isn't bad at all. Arizona is 4-3 in past three years and has been ranked top ten almost straight through.
They also haven’t been to the Final Four in 23? years. With that being a top seed majority of the years.

Freebird

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 11, 2006
What makes you say that? .
I think some programs with fat wallets will come calling. Hes a talent and could plug in easily to a few big programs.
I don’t know we would be able to counter what he might see on the market. Hopefully I’m worrying over nothing. We should have a pretty good idea what this team will look like next year in the coming weeks.

HoustonClone

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 13, 2006

One can be opposed to Shannon playing (and how it came down) and still recognize we lost this game based on play on the court.

Reactions: State2015

alarson

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 15, 2006
Ankeny

I mean, I'll fully admit that we completely gave away this game.

But it is factual that they are playing a rapist. Not 'according to media'.

But of course if that rapist weren't playing they would not have been in our path. And some other team would have been. And with tonight's performance we could have lost to that team too.

• Agree
Reactions: Darius Bieber

twincyties

Dec 12, 2009
Nothing from Milan. Nothing from Ward. Keshon goes off for 10 minutes and nothing the other 30. Countless missed layups. Uncharacteristically lazy passes. Couple of ridiculously better bounces for Illinois.

They were better than us tonight and obviously a really good team. But we are every bit as good or better. We played maybe C+ game tonight.

Happy for a great season. Would have gladly signed up for a sweet 16 run this year. But man - this one is going to sting for awhile. Not sure I’ve felt like this since the MSU loss in 2000

Freebird

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 11, 2006
Yeah, I hadn't even considered Gilbert going anywhere else. He seems to love it here and has every quality that TJ looks for.
His bond with TJ will hopefully work in our favor.
Call it my Cyclone paranoia. I think he’s going to be shown some serious offers. He’s the top guy Im worried about losing

Reactions: Cyclonepride

Help Support Us

Become a patron