*** Official #10 Illinois vs #4 IOWA STATE Game(Day) Thread ***

Mar 26, 2024
On Underwood. You guys are right... he has been too stubborn and that has crushed him. However, there have been some surprising changes in the last 3-4 years.... We have hope now. But gotta prove it!

Reactions: Die4Cy

CycloneErik

Jan 31, 2008
Jamerica
rememberingdoria.wordpress.com
On Underwood. You guys are right... he has been too stubborn and that has crushed him. However, there have been some surprising changes in the last 3-4 years.... We have hope now. But gotta prove it!

I only mean this as info that surprised me, but I didn't realize that Underwood is the only coach in our bracket that hasn't been this far before.

Mar 26, 2024
I only mean this as info that surprised me, but I didn't realize that Underwood is the only coach in our bracket that hasn't been this far before.
yeah. he rebuilt Illinois but he built them to compete/win the big 10. success. but the team was not right for March. They dissected all the sweet 16 teams and changed everything. 2 years later, here they are. He is a super stubborn guy by nature, he will say this, so this has been huge for him.

NebrClone

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 11, 2006
I hate the late start! As an old guy (who has to work tomorrow), I won't know the outcome until 5am tomorrow when I get up for work. Sucks. Just why? Don't get it.
I am an old guy that does not have to get up and work, but our church's food pantry is getting a delivery truck to unload at 8:00 in the morning. Bummer.

• Wow
Reactions: Kinch

jcyclonee

Apr 12, 2006
Minneapolis
yeah. he rebuilt Illinois but he built them to compete/win the big 10. success. but the team was not right for March. They dissected all the sweet 16 teams and changed everything. 2 years later, here they are. He is a super stubborn guy by nature, he will say this, so this has been huge for him.
Are you for Belted Kingfisher or against it? It's easy to spell but pretty tough to chant or sing.

cycloner29

Dec 17, 2008
Ames
lets-go.gif

Oct 30, 2023
He took a couple of SFA teams to the tournament, had 1 year at OSU, and had to dig out of a massive hole at Illinois. He built a tournament team in 2020 that didn't get a postseason, the 2021 team had an absolutely massive failure in the 2nd round, the 2022 team had injuries and lost a 4/5 game to Houston, and last year's team just kinda sucked and whittled out as the 9 seed.

Underwood is 2-5 as a lower seed in the tournament, and 4-2 as a higher seed.
Otz is 2-3 as a lower seed and 2-1 as a higher seed

Reactions: Chillini1989
Oct 30, 2023
Well, I should go slink into my cave to watch this one.

I'll either be back tomorrow to congratulate you and root for ISU in the Elite 8... or just stay away for a while and lurk until it's time to get back to my original purpose for creating an account, following ISU's football and basketball teams.

Sucks we have to fight to the death, went Ames a couple of times for football and basketball games this year, as well as the DePaul basketball game. My most vivid memory was sitting in the west balcony for the Kansas football game and listening to the desperate cries of a fan shouting "I got Juicy for nothing!!!" after KU scored an 80 yard touchdown late in the game... not because that was a good moment, but because I've lived that moment a million times and we're not so different. You guys do tailgating the right way, and since Illinois moved it's opener to a Thursday I'll almost certainly be in a field outside Jack Trice on August 31st.

I'd say good luck tonight but... well, I can't., and I don't expect any well wishes from you either. Should be a great game, we'll see who's standing tomorrow.

jcyclonee

Apr 12, 2006
Minneapolis
Well, I should go slink into my cave to watch this one.

I'll either be back tomorrow to congratulate you and root for ISU in the Elite 8... or just stay away for a while and lurk until it's time to get back to my original purpose for creating an account, following ISU's football and basketball teams.

Sucks we have to fight to the death, went Ames a couple of times for football and basketball games this year, as well as the DePaul basketball game. My most vivid memory was sitting in the west balcony for the Kansas football game and listening to the desperate cries of a fan shouting "I got Juicy for nothing!!!" after KU scored an 80 yard touchdown late in the game... not because that was a good moment, but because I've lived that moment a million times and we're not so different. You guys do tailgating the right way, and since Illinois moved it's opener to a Thursday I'll almost certainly be in a field outside Jack Trice on August 31st.

I'd say good luck tonight but... well, I can't., and I don't expect any well wishes from you either. Should be a great game, we'll see who's standing tomorrow.
We will wish you well but hope your team gets the crap kicked out of them.